📺BYOM Watch-Along📺 JUSTICE LEAGUE Thursday Aug 1, 5:30pm PT/8:30pmET

Greetings DCU! This is a Bring Your Own Movie (BYOM) Watch-Along :dvd::vhs::film_strip: :cinema: :popcorn:

To participate in this event, you MUST have access to a commercial-free copy of the movie (DVD, Blu-Ray, Digital, Target, Amazon, Walmart, iTunes, borrow a friend’s, rent it for a night, etc.).

======================
WHO: YOU (and the Justice League, Alfred, Lois Lane, Amazons, Atlanteans, Deathstroke…)

WHAT: Justice League (2017)

WHEN: Thursday, August 1st, 5:30pm PT / 6:30pm MT / 7:30pm CT / 8:30pm ET

HOW: On two devices - one for watching the movie and the other (phone, tablet, etc.) for commenting in this thread as we watch the movie. A few minutes before showtime, set the time code on your copy of the movie to 0:00 and click the PAUSE button. Then, precisely at 5:30:00 pm PT/7:30pmCT/8:30pm ET, we will all click the PLAY :arrow_forward: button.

WHY: Ok, yeah, this movie didn’t hit a home run with many fans BUT, it has some great scenes - Batman vs. the Parademon, Wonder Woman saves the kids, The Flash vs. Batarang, Supes vs. Flash & the rest of the JL, live-action Cyborg, Aquaman vs. Water, the end credit scene with Deathstroke…

:white_check_mark: If you arrive after the start time, you can catch up! For example, we start at 5:30 PT, if you arrive at 5:45 PT, we are 15 minutes into the movie - you can fast forward 15 minutes to catch up. Hooray!
I hope to see you there!

Justice-Leage-movie-poster.jpg

5 Likes

Will def be here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:tada::tada::tada: yay!

1 Like

Oh yay you are making the rounds

2 Likes

This timeslot works for me. I just might do this one.

1 Like

@Davidbizzarr1000

Ha! Yes, yes I was :slight_smile:

@Vroom
Cool! It would be awesome if you could attend.

1 Like

Vroom Vroom!

2 Likes

@Aquamon 'Kay, so this one time, Randy Beeman and I walked in on the Joker and Harley while they were talking, and Harley said hi to me (see below).

Then Joker bought us all pizza from Kane and Finger’s, over on Aparo Boulevard.

'Kay, bye.

1ac901086694e4e6d24e1753361c6040.jpg

1 Like

I almost used that one LOL.

1 Like

@Aquamon This morning on Married with Children, Peg said my name several times.

It was the episode where Kelly gets a motorcycle and Peg comes to really like the bike too.

2 Likes

Nice! great show, I haven’t seen it in a while but I love the Bundy family.

1 Like

@Aquamon Peg said, and I quote verbatim: “Vroooom, vroooom! Whirrrr, whirrr!”

So…Justice League. Flawed but fun flick. I haven’t seen it in a few months, so it’ll be fun to re-watch it again.

2 Likes

Yeah it has its flaws for sure but I still like it and bet it will make for some fun commentary :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Aquamon Besides Superman showing up to kick butt, one of my favorite scenes was Aquaman’s unintended honesty via unintentionally sitting on the lasso of Hestia.

1 Like

Oh man that is my second favorite seen too it was so hilarious!

Batman knows how to train :joy:

1 Like

Overall I wish this movie would’ve turned out differently. Nevertheless, when I saw it in the theater I literally smiled through the whole thing from start to finish. I was so giddy to have the Justice League on the big screen.

I’m looking forward to this WAL. It’ll be a combination of praises and gripes, and there are plenty of fun moments in this movie.

2 Likes

24 hours to go!

2 Likes

@Aquamon Hee hee! Nothing says “I busted my ass to prepare for an iconic role in a movie.” better than sucking down a smoke and what appears to be coffee.

To paraphrase a funny man: “You da bomb Affleck!”

2 Likes