📺BYOM Watch-Along📺 BvS Ultimate Edition, Sunday July 14, 6pm PT/9pm ET

Greetings DCU! This is a BRING YOUR OWN MOVIE (BYOM) WATCH-ALONG :dvd::vhs::film_strip: :cinema: :popcorn:

BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE, ULTIMATE EDITION is NOT currently offered through DCU. To participate in this event, you MUST have access to a commercial-free copy of the movie (DVD, Blu-Ray, Digital, Target, Amazon, Walmart, iTunes, borrow a friend’s, rent it for a night, etc.).

:clapper:Note: We are NOT watching the theatrical version of the movie, we are watching the ULTIMATE EDITION (extended cut).

Still here? Great! Let’s watch Batman and Superman fight, make-up (kinda), and be in awe of Wonder Woman!

WHO: YOU (and Batman, Alfred, Clark Joseph Kent, Lex Luthor, Wonder Woman, Doomsday, Martha, Lois Lane…)

WHAT: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (Ultimate Edition)

WHEN: Sunday, July 14th, 6pm PT / 7pm MT / 8pm CT / 9pm ET

HOW: On two devices - one for watching the movie and the other (phone, tablet, etc.) for commenting in this thread as we watch the movie. A few minutes before showtime, set the time code on your copy of the movie to 0:00 and hit the PAUSE button. Then, precisely at 6:00:00 pm PT/8pmCT/9pm ET, we will all hit the PLAY :arrow_forward: button.

WHY: Because watching DC Films with the DCU community is the best way to watch the film (IMO).

:white_check_mark: If you arrive after the start time, you can catch up! For example, we start at 6:00 PT, if you arrive at 6:15 PT, we are 15 minutes into the movie - you can fast forward 15 minutes to catch up. Hooray!
I hope to see you there!

“I’m a friend of your son.”
“I figured. The cape…”

Bv-S-UE-cover.jpg

12 Likes

will be there!

4 Likes

BYOM! I love this idea!!

1 Like

In case I attend, the mods should give you kick/ban privileges so you can throw me out when everyone gets sick of me griping

1 Like

@fansumtheory.16165
Glad to have you at this one too! =)

2 Likes

@biff_pow
I so hope you can make it!
I anticipate the comments during this WAL will be a combination of praises and gripes. As long as everyone follows the community guidelines (stay on topic, be respectful of the members, keep it clean), and as long as it isn’t too distracting, gripes and praises are fair game. It’s all part of the fun - especially for a movie that stirred the DC fandom as much as this one did.

I think this will be a fun WAL. =)

3 Likes

Jk, I won’t make trouble! I mean, here. I’ll keep making trouble everywhere else.

1 Like

I always try to keep my comments serious and related to the events that are unfolding. :wink:

4 Likes

@Aquamon Oh yeah, sure ya do Butter Man :wink:

I’ll probably pass on this WAL as BvS is my least favorite DCEU movie.

When the Aquaman WAL comes along, I’ll be game for that one depending on the time.

4 Likes

IN 7 DAYS!

Clark Kent: Mr. Wayne! Clark Kent, Daily Planet

1 Like

IN 6 DAYS!

Bruce Wayne: I can’t stay down here, Alfred.

Alfred: Go upstairs and socialize. Some young lady from Metropolis will make you honest.
[Talking to himself] In your dreams, Alfred…

1 Like

IN 5 DAYS!

Superman: Stay down! If I wanted it, you’d be dead already!

2 Likes

When did my humble middle class life become so full? What on earth was I doing for entertainment and social interaction a year ago today?

3 Likes

Wednesday
IN 4 DAYS!

Alfred: Master Wayne.

Batman: Alfred.

Alfred: I’m sorry for listening in but I’ve tracked the Russian’s phone to a warehouse near the port. You’re locked onto it.

Batman: I don’t deserve you, Alfred.

Alfred: No, sir, you don’t.

2 Likes

IN 2 DAYS!

Wonder Woman: Oh, I don’t think you’ve ever known a woman like me.

2 Likes

Batman:
No but I would like to. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

IN 1 DAY!

Doomsday: Raaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!

1 Like

IT’S BVS DAY

TECHNICALLY

CENTRAL AND EASTERN

2 Likes

All caps biff how dare you!

1 Like

well tell JL to make less exciting threads!

1 Like