Build a Justice League

Yeah I get it :slightly_smiling_face:.

I basically responded with my other favorites. Kinda wish it wasn’t limited to 7… would’ve added…Shazam, Black Canary, Plastic Man…

I think I like it when the League is expanded

I like this!

5 Likes

Artemis- yes.

Red Hood- …maybe.

Bizarro- never. You can’t trust your life in his hands.

5 Likes

I feel like having Bizarro in the Justice League is just asking for a misunderstanding when you tell him to put out a fire in a building and he interprets that in Bizarro speak and burns it down instead. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Jeff-Midnighter said we couldn’t use characters associated with the symbols of Superman, Batman, etc. :man_facepalming:t2:

6 Likes

I might have misunderstood the assignment then- I took that to mean those specific characters, and not anyone from their universe.

3 Likes

Raven
Inza Nelson
Michael Holt
Ralph Dibney
Cole Cash
Violet Paige
Christopher (Burden)

Essentially, my strategy is that all you need is Raven and a support system that the Titans never provide. (Sure, it makes for more interesting stories to have her crippled by self-doubt, fear of her destiny, and all that nonsense, but I’d love to get a story where she’s just surrounded by positive adult role models with the expertise to guide her to her best self.)

• Inza is her stable, positive, adult, female, magic using role model, who knows a thing or two about fate. While psychologist-adjacent, isn’t one herself, so she’s not going to try to analyze Rae Rae, she has enough expertise to provide the right sort of support and guidance. Plus it never hurts to double up on sorcery skills.
  • Michael provides the formal psychology guidance, plus technical expertise for an arsenal of devices for when magic can’t (or more likely shouldn’t) fit the need.
  • Ralph to help keep things lighthearted and positive, and detect when detecting is needed. Also handy for when muscle or subterfuge might be needed.
  • Cole has some experience being held prisoner by mentoring powerful young women, and has enough overlap with Rae’s powerset help guide her to use them most effectively, especially in a team setting. Enough distinct powers/skills to provide a rain of bullets or track down secret aliens when needed. Rough enough around the edges to counter Inza when Raven needs the dark point of view.
  • Violet is the counter to Michael; frayed around the edges like Cole, closer in age (and gender) to Raven, and completely willing to drop a motorcycle on someone when a punk needs dropping. Supplementary detective skills as well as trust funds when the Holt Foundation can’t be associated with the purchase. Bonus access to high society when needed.
  • Christopher is both the age appropriate BFF material and the mentee; similar struggles to Raven, he provides her an outlet to be a role model to others, not just a weapon to be guided and controlled. As a bonus, his pants region doesn’t get excited for her type, so no risk of in-team teen romances to complicate the mission. Okay, less risk.
5 Likes

Well, if we have to exclude those heroes and their immediate families, I say I need the following on my team, fighter,genius,magician, telepath, spy, detective,bruiser.
So it makes fit pretty simple from there.
Black Canary
Mr. Terrific
Zatanna
Miss Martian
Atom Ryan Choi
Question
Shazam

In training
Stargirl
Naomi
Blue Bettle
Raven
Cyborg

5 Likes
  1. Supergirl
  2. Nightwing
  3. Wonder Girl (Yara Flor)
  4. The Flash
  5. Black Canary
  6. Green Arrow
  7. Green Lantern (John Stewart).
3 Likes

Shazam, Negative Man, Black Lightning, Beast Boy, Blue Beetle, Catwoman, Star Girl.

Wait, @Icon-Jeff, do characters like Batgirl, Batwoman, Yara Flor, the other Amazons, Superboy, Supergirl, and the dozen characters who have been Robin, count as “associated with these symbols”?

4 Likes

Yeap, same as Mera, Tempest, all the Green Lanterns, and Khaldar

4 Likes

I scrolled to the bottom so i can think of my team without seeing what others put down. Very interesting thread.

6 Likes

Welcome to the community! Nice Justice League :eyes:

Personally, I might go with Speedy (Roy) over GA :see_no_evil:

4 Likes

The members I choose on Twitter were:
Midnighter
Apollo
Vixen
Blue Beetle (Jaime)
Static
Zatanna
Miss Martian

6 Likes

Okay this is seriously meta. The last 4 you mentioned are some of my all time favorites!

5 Likes

my justice league team
1 The flash-barry allen
2 green lantern-jessica cruz
3 robin-tim drake
4 dreamer-nia
5 brainy
6 crazy jane
7 black lighting

3 Likes

Zatana
Midnighter
Grifter
Star girl
Booster Gold
Green hornet
Black Adam

5 Likes

I am honestly interested in reading this and seeing the inevitability teeth clenched teamwork.

5 Likes

Here is the team i came up with.
Green Arrow
Black Canary They both need to be on the team together right.
Captain Atom the muscle of the team
Firestorm
Starfire
Dr. Fate
The Atom (Ray Palmer) to confuse the bad guys with 2 Atoms on the team.
“Reserves”
Elongated Man
Power Girl but she may fall under the Superman logo
Black Lighting if he wants too.
Now im going to read the other post because i didnt want to see what others put down.

4 Likes

Right I figured all the other jla members are imprisoned some places like the phantom zone and there all that’s left to save the jla and the multiverse from misfit group of rouge old world time traveling demigods or something like that.

4 Likes

I really don’t see how Midnighter can peacefully exist with Stargirl. Kinda have to have Apollo around to mellow him out

4 Likes