Build a Justice League

Create a new Justice League. Use any 7 DC characters, including imprints, but you can’t use any character associated with these symbols. Unashamedly stolen from Twitter.

20220302_023237

10 Likes

I am brooding on this.

5 Likes

It is unclear if this means toughest team possible (Spectre and then nobody else matters is the answer) or what I will answer, who I would want to see on a terrific team.

For the leader I want somebody with great decision making skills and firm ideals. In addition literal toughness. There is an obvious best answer-

Next we need the heart of the team. Somebody who can keep a group united purely by their love for her in spite of all the crazy egos they have.

I am sure this is a great surprise so far.

I want a detective for the team.

All right, now we need somebody who will fund this group of crazy people who battle evil in skin tight spandex. Who will do that and is in addition a terrific jack of all traits and very powerful.

Time to add in a wildcard who also brings in lots of muscle and can pilot any vehicle we need to move.

Sandman can buy vehicles, so now we need an ace mechanic, and somebody who can scare everybody. Is there anybody who is both?

One last spot. Probably best to get somebody very powerful and a telepath sounds useful.

There we have it. Hawkman, Stargirl, Question, Sandman, Atom Smasher, Hawkgirl, and J’onn on the Justice League. A group who surely not nearly all die in one storyline.

10 Likes

In no particular order:

Martian Manhunter
Cyborg
Firestorm
Zatanna
Green Arrow
The Hawks

9 Likes

The old guard
Hawkman
Hawkgirl
Jonn Jonzz
Metamorpho

Younger
Blue Beetle (Jaimie)
Firestorm
Raven

9 Likes

Captain Marvel
J’onn J’onzz
Atom
Plastic Man
Hawkgirl
Metamorpho
Zatanna

(it’s still not a Justice League though)

8 Likes

I would go with something close to the original line up. Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, and The Martian Manhunter. I would probably throw Hawkman and The Atom in there too. That having been said, I would go with Jessica Cruz as my Green Lantern and Ryan Choi as The Atom.

3 Likes

:+1:

5 Likes

Shazam
Hawkman
Zatanna
Martian Manhunter
Green Arrow
Black Canary
Plastic Man
Power Girl
Steel
The Atom
Black Lightning
Supergirl
Big Barda
Star Sapphire

4878f2d243cf679da88468e1f2716fcb

1303354960_cvr

9 Likes

Just take off Catwoman and Green Lantern.

8 Likes

I think you need to reread

4 Likes

Why not…??

7 Likes

Nightwing,King Shark,Rick Flag,Doctor Fate, Donna troy and katana

9 Likes

I’m what you would call a “strict constructionist” when it comes to the JLA.

7 Likes

Here’s another group I would use.

6 Likes

Oh well. Let me think on it.

4 Likes

Okay, here goes: Martian Manhunter, Green Arrow, Atom (Ryan Choi), Hawkman, Metamorpho, Black Canary, and Zatanna

8 Likes

Don’t mean to answer for @CaptainYesterday, but for me, at a minimum I would like to see at least a single member of the DC Trinity involved. Always open to other takes of course, but seeing Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman is what brings the warm & fuzzy.

4 Likes
  1. Midnighter
  2. Apollo
  3. Martin Manhunter
  4. Manchester Black
  5. Cassandra Cain or Big Barda
  6. Enchantress
  7. Grifter
6 Likes

Same here (if you’re building a Justice League, you start with Superman) but the premise was to see if you could build a functioning League without them (and with Aquaman, Flash, and Green Lantern as well).

And with the amount of hereos in the DCU, you easily can.

5 Likes