BTAS Sequel Series Rumored at HBO Max!

16 Likes

Excited and jealous at the same time. Wish we could get more Superman the Animated Series (or at least on Blu Ray).

14 Likes

tenor

9 Likes

I so want this so much too. Also would not turn down more BTAS.

8 Likes

Wouldn’t a sequel show be Batman Beyond? Anyway, I think this is very exciting. I just hope they follow the original character designs I want more BTAS less The Adventures of Batman and Robin if you catch my drift.

10 Likes

If this does happen, I would just really hope it’s because the original creators are interested in doing so, not because of some mandate from WB. While nothing can truly take away from the magic of the original series, a sequel show that doesn’t have the same kind of heart can still damage its reputation. I’m definitely excited at the prospect of seeing more from the DCAU, but also weary that such a special property could be revived for the wrong reasons. If this does come to fruition, I’d really hope that Dini, Timm and Burnett would all come back along w/ as many of the original voice actors as possible

13 Likes

Pleez let this be true! It’d be so wonderful for this to return.

Agreed with @arkhamassassin here most wholeheartedly- either Timm or Dini (or preferably both) need to be in a fortified oversight capacity during series production or else there’s really no point.

9 Likes

Agreed with @arkhamassassin and @DC89 that the heart needs to be there. My concern is that without the restrictions of network TV it may not be an all ages / family series. Look at the recent R-Rated animated films have come out. I’d also like it to be a little lighter than Beware the Batman. I liked that series but it was much darker.

For every Star Trek: The Next Generation and Battlestar Galactica there have been lackluster revivals like Magnum P. I. and Hawaii 5-0. And ST: TNG took 1.5-2.5 seasons to find its legs. I’d still look forward to a BTAS fevival.

7 Likes

I actually think that the lack of restrictions on HBO Max could make it even better, since the show’s darkness is one of the things I and a lot of other fans love about it. Granted, I’d much rather have something that’s more kid-friendly w/ plenty of heart and effort as opposed to something super dark and gritty w/ no heart, but if the proper care is taken w/ this show, I think a bit more darkness could be pretty awesome. I’m thinking something in the vein of Young Justice season 3 where it didn’t completely go against the tone of the past 2 seasons, but the creators knew they were able to get away w/ a little more on DCU compared to Cartoon Network

8 Likes

Really hoping this ends up being another season of Batman Beyond, rather than a continuation of TNBA. I think there’s more new ground to break there.

7 Likes

Well, having now read the article, this “rumor” feels like speculation. I wouldn’t put too much stock in it at this point.

7 Likes

Rather have Green Lantern: The Animated Series continue. No need to continue this.

5 Likes

Yeah! We don’t need more of Batman the Animated Series, GL got shafted because of the movie. That’s one that has a lot more that can be said and deserves a continuation. It feels like it ended unfinished, which would surprise me if that wasn’t true

4 Likes

Eh. Too many of the great voice talents from the show like Roddy Mcdowell and Aron Kincaid have sadly passed away for me to feel really comfortable with this. I’m cautiously optimistic, but I would’ve taken a new Batman cartoon over this.

4 Likes

John Glover on his twitter story (whatever it’s call) posted a picture of Riddler, whom he voices, from BTAS. It’s currently his profile picture. Interperate this however you want.

5 Likes

I don’t think this is a good idea. BTAS was lightning in a bottle. Trying to recreate that is a fool’s errand. A sucker’s game. A stnank.

I’d rather just have a new Batman cartoon.

4 Likes

Both would be best.

4 Likes

Please let this be real… pwease? :pleading_face:

They have the Adventures Continue comics, why not make a show that continues on the aspects that fans love about the show? And hey, maybe this could introduce the series to the kids of today, that way they might be interested in watching the original and potentially Batman Beyond? Just a thought though.

5 Likes

@DickGrayson_TheBoyFriendWonder here is the thread with the link and @Kon-El-Prime

3 Likes

Thanks Rex…and I really hope it is not another Batman Beyond show…if it is happening at all

4 Likes