Bryan Cranston as Lex Luthor is SO MUCH BETTER

Seriously, what an upgrade.

2 Likes

Fan castings are always so lazy. Bryan Cranston only popped up in fan casts for Lex Luthor solely because he played a bald bad guy in a popular show. It’s just like every red-headed actress in Hollywood, from Jessica Chastain to Bryce Dallas Howard, constantly getting fan cast as Poison Ivy. You know whoever plays her doesn’t have to have red hair in real life, right? And when the movie IT came out and was very popular, fans online thought they were being genuinely brilliant declaring, “Bill Skarsgard should play the Joker in the Joker origin movie!” Because he played one evil clown, so if course he should play another one…

5 Likes

This isn’t because he is bald my man lol (although he looks the part). His demeanor and personality definitely fits Lex’s character. Not to mention he’s an overall better actor than Jesse E.

Kevin is still the best Lex

1 Like

I’ve always thought it was a bummer that Clancy Brown never got to do a live-action Lex Luthor. His voice was so awesome for the part and I think he could have handled Lex’s physicality. To bad he is to old now to do a live-action Lex.

2 Likes

Clancy Brown voiced Lex before? I didn’t know that! I loved him in Shawshank as it’s one of my favorite movies!

2 Likes

@InMagno: He’s voiced Lex a LOT, mainly in the DCAU shows.

3 Likes

I’ve always thought Billy Zane would make an incredible Lex. I thought so in the 90’s and I definitely think so now. I can see him being a perfect mix of the Byrne Man of Steel Lex and the Johns Superman: Secret Origin Lex.

1 Like

I went on YouTube to check out some videos and I am really surprised!!! That is awesome!!!

1 Like

Billy would be cool too man!!!

1 Like

I’d argue (and I know plenty who disagree) he is the most iconic voice in the DCAU.

1 Like

I guess I missed out on a lot by not watching these cartoons!

@InMango
Yes, you did. :wink:

While Marvel has generally mopped the floor with DC over the last decade in the live action space, DC has dominated in the animated space for a long time. I’m hoping DC live action can get to the consistency and quality of the DCAU. It’s a big ask I know.

I think the DCAU is better than the MCU when it comes to super hero film making. And I like the MCU a lot.

1 Like

Really, the only cartoons that I watched growing up was sht like South Park and Family guy lmao. I might have watched the JL cartoon if Hal was in it.

I would argue that Jesse makes an interesting and captivating lex. Granted he’s not a carbon copy from the comics but that would be boring. I think it’s better to see characters portrayed differently in different media. Otherwise it’d get boring seeing the same interpretation of a character done over and over. I enjoy Jesse’s portrayal as well as Leto’s.

5 Likes

Interesting is a good term lmao!

Ya that was me trying to be nice while whole heartedly disagreeing with you.

2 Likes

And I like your cartoon choices btw lol.

2 Likes

Jon cryer is doing a good lex right now. But Michael rosenbaum is the best though

2 Likes

Jon cryer is doing a good lex right now. But Michael rosenbaum is the best though

2 Likes

Micheal Rosenbaum was perfect.

2 Likes