Bring Some Batman to Your Bar with Gotham City Cocktails

Have you ever wondered what Bruce Wayne indulges in when he spends a night out on the
town? Author André Darlington knows! He’s concocted Gotham City Cocktails, a gorgeous new book with 70 unique food and drink recipes inspired by the Dark Knight’s hometown. Cocktails with in-the-know names like “The Demon’s Head,” “Feline Fatale” and “The Last Laugh” are perfectly paired with photography by Ted Thomas that is both classy and classic. It’s easy to imagine you’re stepping out for a night at the Iceberg Lounge when you crack open this beautiful book.

No matter what time it may be in your neck of the woods, it’s five o’clock in Gotham, so let’s take a look at The Dark Nightcap.

To learn more about Gotham City Cocktails and to take a sneak peek at FOUR extra cocktails, head over to DC Comics!

Do you see yourself kicking back in Gotham with one of these cocktails? Let us know in the comments below:point_down:

10 Likes

Not a big drinker (and this book isn’t of interest, in all honesty) but yeah, if Chase Meridian invited me over and fixed something from this tome, I’d drink it. :clinking_glasses:

2 Likes

What is this, DC are you trying to get me back into drinking? :joy_cat: :tropical_drink: I was into the cocktail hobby for a time. I wish this had come out a few years ago, I loved making themed drinks. These seem super classy and fun. Maybe I’ll make one for The Suicide Squad release and take a drink every time somebody dies. :tumbler_glass: :tumbler_glass: :tumbler_glass: :tumbler_glass: :tumbler_glass: :tumbler_glass: :tumbler_glass: :woozy_face:

3 Likes

3 Likes

OOC: I don’t drink, but the puns are hilarious. And Monarch theater popcorn? If the popcorn was by itself I would 100% buy.

Of course, the real Batman drink of choice is ginger ale… poured over just ice.

1 Like

I love this stuff. Love it. I don’t drink alcohol but I love this stuff and may have to buy this just to have it on the bookshelf as a collector’s item and reference. The food recipes may be worth it as well.

1 Like

I love that these are tied to heroes, but positioned as cocktails served at venues around Gotham. Really hope there’s some sort of “ring out the bar towel” cocktail tied to Noonan’s. Guess it’s time to restock the bar and get fancy.

Was there a pre-Crisis story named Elegy? It seems Elegy should reference the modern Kate Kane, not Kathy?

No one says you can’t try making the popcorn! We included one of the snacks so that non-drinkers might have something to try out!

2 Likes

I’m doing exactly this. A bowl of Monarch Theater Popcorn will be my snack for ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ next week.

1 Like