Bring Dick Grayson back! Down with Ric!

I know that this DC Universe platform isn’t up to date with the latest Nightwing comic arch, but I want to see if anyone else on here agrees with me.

Ric Grayson sucks. Many of us Nightwing fans read Nightwing for a reason, and that reason is because we love Dick Grayson. Ric is the anti Dick and it sucks.

I keep reading on other platforms that the mass majority of people agree with me. I figured that by discussing it on here too, we can create enough of a stink to ensure that Ric won’t be sticking around.

13 Likes

"Out with the Ric!!! .Bring back the Dick!! " Will be on my pickett sign

10 Likes

I agree bring back Dick

5 Likes

Huh, well I might have spoken too soon. I just read issue 57 that just came out and it looks like they’re now steering him back to his old self a little more.

2 Likes

It seemed like Benjamin Percy was really building up to something great with what he was doing and they just kicked him off the book to this garbage. It’s no secret that certain people in charge of this company have a strong disdain for Nightwing, they’ve been trying to kill him since Infinite Crisis. Lucky Superboy took the bullet on that one and I’m sure that had Grant Morrison not made Dick Batman the powers at be would have tried at lot sooner to do it again. Instead they waited untill Forever Evil to try again. Anyway bottom line is that the people in charge don’t like Dick Grayson or characters similar to him. It’s probably why they let King kill both Roy and Wally in Heroes in Crisis. You know Wally West, the beloved character who’s return ushered in the Rebirth era and was supposed to be the key to all this. That’s three out of the five original Teen Titans dead and don’t you tell me that Dick’s not dead. From what I gather all Ric has really done is whine and complain that he’s not Dick Grayson and people should stop comparing him to Dick. So if Ric doesn’t want to be Dick I’m not going to call him Dick or act like he is. He’s just some jerk who took over his body after he was shot by KGBeast. Also it should say a lot about those in charge and how much they care that Nightwing wasn’t even shot in his own book. That’s because it wasn’t the Nightwing writers idea it was Tom King’s idea. Like I said it looked like Benjamin Percy was building up to something but instead he had the rug pulled out from under him. You don’t believe me, go read the seven issues of his run and tell me that issue 49 doesn’t seem like a quick wrap-up. The story doesn’t end in a satisfying way. We don’t even see Nightwing defeat Wyrm or save Viki Vale and that other guy whose name escapes me at the moment. No we’re just told on the last page that the threat is over and the people are saved. Heck King probably just wanted to kill Dick but DC knew after the wedding fiasco and what he was doing with Heroes in Crisis that most of the fanbase wasn’t going to be happy with him so they just compromised and gave Dick amnesia.

4 Likes

I really wish DC would respect the original Titans. I can’t express how unhappy I am with the deaths of Roy and Wally and this Ric nonsense. They can’t fix this mess fast enough for me.

7 Likes

In general I liked Percy’s run and really wish it had continued. I also liked the Dick and Babs team ups. I think amnesia storylines are often overdone. I would rather have seen Dick struggle with vertigo or something that interfered with his acrobatics, which is what I thought the previews hinted prior to the change in status quo. I also think it’s weird that we don’t really see the impact on the Bat-family. I mean Babs and Alfred show up in Nightwing, and Batman obviously reacts, but do the other Robins even know what happened? (If I missed it, let me know, but I’d think Damian would at least show up.)

5 Likes

I can’t wait for Dick to come back. I saw Joker’s Daughter is showing up too. That trash heap should have died with the New 52

5 Likes

I totally agree I want Dick Grayson back

4 Likes

I want the beloved character from my childhood back. Dick Grayson was supposed to be different than Batman. That is why Young Justice is my favorite version of Nightwing. He is happy, but he takes things seriously. With a bit of facetiousness.

2 Likes

The thing about comics is eventually the status quo will return to normal. Look at every major change they have made to most characters some stick like say Batman and Superman becoming biological parent most changes revert back by the end of the story though.

The thing about comics is eventually the status quo will return to normal. Look at every major change they have made to most characters some stick like say Batman and Superman becoming biological parent most changes revert back by the end of the story though.

Yes, the status quo will, in all likelihood, return to normal.

So any way that could be accelerated would be much appreciated, because we’re not even getting entertainment value out of the present shakeup.

2 Likes

I want Dick back, but I also have grown fond of the Nightwing Squad that I wish they stick around after the arc is over. Or not die horribly for shock value later.

Fix dick

3 Likes

I agree!!! BRING HIM BACK!!!

3 Likes

Patience. It seems like the writers are bringing him back. I can’t imagine how angry the writers are about fans constant complaints