Bring Back Teen Titans

Can we just make a petition to bring back the original teen titans cartoon from 2003, I’m sure there are enough people who would want to see this happen. I mean if you can bring back young justice after 6 years I’m sure you can bring back teen titans, because let’s face it teen titans go pales in comparison.

13 Likes

Please choose all that apply.

• Please bring back Teen Titans!
  • We need to bring back Teen Titans!
  • Bring back Teen Titans!

0 voters

3 Likes

The real version!

4 Likes

I hate the 2003 series and love Teen Titans GO. That said, I wouldn’t have any problem with the actors getting two checks as long as they’re up for it. I’m not the type to deny people what they like just because I don’t like it. You can have your fake anime. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

oof! I believe just the opposite, sorry to say. (Although, to be fair, it’s the only anime I’ve ever had any interest in)

(this pic is meant as a jest)

5 Likes

I think this clip exhibits why people like myself love the show.

Yeah, this series is not written for kids, no matter how much it tries to pretend it is. Children aren’t going to get the satire. Meanwhile, TT03 was very much a show designed for tweens. But again, different strokes for DC folks. Go ahead and revive the old show for DC Universe as long as I get to keep my show. :wink:

5 Likes

Okay, that is funny. It reminded me of the Wonder Woman episode “Pot of Gold.” I love that episode.

3 Likes

I’m not saying get rid of teen titans go, I just never liked its art design and some of the jokes are good but it’s too comedic, I preferred 03 teen titans because it could be serious but also funny

5 Likes

I want it back with them grown up, like they are in TT Judas Contract & TT vs the JL.

9 Likes

Wish that comic was on here, without looking up I know that’s from The Batman Adventures #36 the final issue where Batman’s memory was lost in a diamond by Hugho Strange in issue #34.
The weird part was Catwoman put Batman in a catsuit without ever knowing who Batman is in issue #35!

4 Likes

All are good choices. To me the original 2003 Teen Titans was where it was at. The plot and tone fit well with what the Teen Titans were supposed to be. Whether they choose to keep the rating at Y7 or change to TV-MA is up to them.

4 Likes

hm… thinking about that last part of your post, the recent threads about “should there be more family friendly shows on DCU?” could be easily satisfied by keeping Y7. Personally, I would keep it there anyways. It just seems right to have a show about kids that they can actually watch. Plus the Titans always seemed like the cleaner side of DC to me.

4 Likes

I’m a 13 year old, and I personally don’t like the show like I did when I was younger, but my dad loved it because of all of the 80s references. I love the 03 Teen Titans because that is what got me into DC comics. It started with me binging it and absolutely loving the Judas Contract plot in it. I later moved to the animated movies like Son of Batman and then comics. I think it’s a little biased for me because of how much I would watch it before I got into comics, but there is no such thing as a bad opinion. So I’m glad that there’s some people that can like things and give them a purpose, even when I don’t.

4 Likes

Yes, it’s worth noting that you’re currently the target audience for the 2003 series, while I was already outside of its target audience in 2003. Such things will make a significant difference in people’s perspectives.

3 Likes

I would love that!

2 Likes

I’m almost positive petitions aren’t allowed on DC Universe, but this thread seems to be more interested in a discussion rather than a petition (which is more useful, I believe) so I tip my hat to all of you!

4 Likes

Since the recent TTG Vs. Teen Titans movie sold very few DVDs (I read it was by far the worst selling release in DC history) it does seem sadly unlikely the the 2003 show will be brought back. It’s over, I’m afraid.

If you want to support a sixth season, buy Teen Titans DVDs as well as the Vs. movie. Years ago at Denver Comic Con, Greg Weisman said that was the best way to bring back Young Justice: buy DVDs and merchandise. I will give Greg credit, he never gave up trying to bring it back.

Why not just have them make a tv show. Getting a weekly dose of Damian would make my life just a bit better.

1 Like

I bought the movie.

I thought we were supposed to get them back for 6?
Teen Titans GO! to the movies teased it,
there’s even a Cross over movie with OG TT and TTG that’s not on here.

From what I’ve found it was a possibility to return.
also OG TT>>>>>TTG.

1 Like