Bring Back Elseworlds!

Hi all! I just finished reading “Dark Crisis: Big Bang” and I have forgotten how much I loved the Elseworlds stories done in the 1990’s and early 2000’s. I know “Dark Knights of Steel” could be considered one, but I miss the imprint. DC, if you’re listening, you need to bring back the Elseworlds imprint. That’s my New Year’s Wish :slight_smile:

Happy Friday!
Brian

8 Likes

I remember vertigo used to churn out very good stories.

4 Likes

That’s interesting

2 Likes

Elseworlds were a lot of fun. Loved JLA: Riddle of the Beast. Batman: Holy Terror was another high spot.

I still have a huge pile of Batman Elseworlds graphic novels. Would not mind getting more.

3 Likes

My 5 favorite Elseworlds titles were (in no particular order):

1. Superman: Red Son
  2. Kingdom Come
  3. Batman: In Darkest Night
  4. Superman: Speeding Bullets
  5. JLA: Age of Wonder

3 Honorable Mentions go to:

1. Batman: Reign of Terror
  2. Batman: Gotham by Gaslight
  3. Wonder Woman: Amazonia

DC, please, bring back Elseworlds! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

What can I say. I am an awesome Green Lantern.

4 Likes

Plus, he makes a return in “Dark Crisis: Big Bang”. It’s one of my favorite Batman Elseworlds stories :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I was gonna start Elseworlds once I finish Batgirl. Is there a certain order I should read them in if I read the Omnibi?

3 Likes

There are, only if they are connected to other stories. For example, “Gotham by Gaslight” and “Batman: Master of the World” are connected, so read “Gaslight” first. “Superman: Metropolis”, “Batman: Nosferatu”, and “Wonder Woman: The Blue Amazon” are loosely connected, so read the Superman story first. However, most Elseworlds stories are one-shots and can be read in any order. Hope this helps :slight_smile:

5 Likes

It definitely does! Thanks so much @bridder01!

2 Likes