Brightburn

Brightburn is the Elseworld’s story of Superboy (without officially being called that). I will limit any talk of actual spoilers since the film is not out until tomorrow, but I could definitely seeing it being the start of a new franchise of DC Dark.

2 Likes

I just saw it thought it was ok/interesting. It’s not dc produced though?

2 Likes

It’s separate from DC. It’s just James Gunn’s idea of “what if Superman was evil” but that was like his only idea for that movie. I think he kinda did it as a middle finger to his controversy with Marvel and Disney. Like he showed a light that says “superheroes don’t work”. If it was a real DC elseworlds than it could be really cool because I feel like it would just be evil Superman but they would explore the other version of characters. Like in that world Lex would be the true hero right? Would Bruce Wayne be evil? Is Bizarro our true Superman in that world? Could be a really cool idea but the movie is getting mixed reviews for just really being what if we had an evil Superman but he wasn’t called Superman cause we didn’t work with DC. I’m being a bit bitter about I though. Probably cause I would much rather a DC elseworlds but I’m a needy fanboy! :joy:

1 Like

Was this before he obtained a contract with DC? It’s so Superman.

Superman/Goku good film

It’s just the origins of Ultraman and the Crime Syndicate with different names.

1 Like