Brian Augustyn Has Passed Away at 67

Comic Book Writer & Editor Brian Augustyn Died This Weekend, Aged 67 (bleedingcool.com)

He was a huge bucket of win, especially here at DC Comics, first as an editor on Action Comics Weekly, then the Flash and Justice League. He also wrote the first Elseworlds story Batman: Gotham by Gaslight.

RIP Good Sir. You will be missed.

16 Likes

Sad to hear
Rest In Peace

8 Likes

For me, he helped make the Flash one of DC’s greatest heroes and one of my favorite comics to read in the 90’s.

Rest in Peace.

11 Likes

He was someone I only met a couple times, at my favorite local comic shop. We became Facebook friends, and I always looked forward to seeing his occasional comments on posts. Here’s the first time it happened and I probably turned beet red.

9 Likes

This is so sad. He wrote one of my favorite Batman tales, Gotham by Gaslight.

8 Likes

Really sad to hear of his passing. I really enjoyed The Life Story of The Flash, which he had a hand in.

4 Likes

Very sad news.
I was fortunate enough to meet Mr. Augustyn at my Local Comic Shop in Fairfield, Ct. He gave us advance notice on projects he was working on like The Life Story of the Flash and JLA Year One! I still hold the Flash book up as definitive proof that Barry Allen doesn’t need a tragic origin to make him interesting.
Rest In Peace Brian. You will be missed by all of us.

3 Likes