Breaking News: Stargirl casts Luke Wilson!

Hollywood star Luke Wilson has signed up to play Pat Dugan in the DC Universe series Stargirl.

The star of Old School and Idiocracy joins a cast lead by Brec Bassinger and co-stars Lou Ferrigno Jr., Brian Stapf, Henry Thomas and Anjelika Washington.

What do you, the DC Universe, think of this cast? Let us know your thoughts and opinions. Are you looking forward to Stargirl?

11 Likes

Wow that’s pretty big. Usually a big film type of casting

2 Likes

Agreed, I cannot wait to see it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Schway!

4 Likes

nice, favorite Luke Wilson role, The Royal Tenenbaums

3 Likes

This really makes me that much more excited for Stargirl! It’s definitely one I’m really looking forward to. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m extremely excited for this casting!

On a side note, I was told by Applejack, a certain Harleys Puddin was a native Irishwoman. Just wanted to say hi! My blood is Irish, and hope to kiss the Blarney Stone some day🍀

4 Likes

As a devoted Wes Anderson film fan, I’m excited about this casting.

James Robinson’s Starman series is hands down my favorite comic book series ever. Geoff Johns’ run on JSA is probably in my top ten. Because of those two I have an affinity for Stargirl. I’m REALLY looking forward to this show!

2 Likes

My favorite Luke Wilson was Bottle Rocket also a Wes Anderson flick. Tenenbaums is so great @manifest with u all the way on that one. I think Owen would’ve also been a great choice for Pat Dugan. As soon as I read it was Luke Wilson it just made sense. Another great casting for Stargirl. Knocking it outta the park imho so far, can’t wait for this show.

3 Likes

How exciting! Luke Wilson is one of my favorites, so I’m really looking forward to this.

2 Likes

I’m trepidacious about this. It looks like it could be the greatest comic show yet, but I feel like it needs to be a JSA-centered show. If it’s just stargirl with lots of JSA cameos, it will be fun and awesome, but a missed opportunity. I’m desperate to see the JSA done right. Watchmen captured parts of the JSA feeling in the flashbacks. I need more of this!

1 Like

Nice get! Luke Wilson as Stripes, Patrick Wilson as Ocean master…Owen Wilson for Booster?

1 Like

…and yes, I know there is no relation

1 Like

@Zombedy, There is actually a relation - Luke is Owens brother. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Big fan of jack knight Starman in the comix, and when he passed the star mantle on 2 Stargirl, i became a big fan of hers as well, so im excited 2 see what a Stargirl series will be like! Hopefully it will be the light and hopeful counterpoint 2 Titans grim and gritty show(which i also love so dont hate)…

2 Likes

Susie mike I wanted to give u a like cuz I’m a huge Starman/Stargirl, Sylvester Pemberton, Stripesy etc. fan too but I love Tits & I thought your post said it was too dark. I couldn’t give a like in good conscience w/o agreeing with that. I just reread & saw u liked it so now I proudly give u a thumbs up.

2 Likes

Stupid autocorrect susiemike. Man it loves to capitalize your 1st letter & separate the 2 names. Tricked me that time cuz I had it right & it switched after I hit post

OMG I just saw it said I love Tits…really autocorrect Titans & I’m sooo sorry that happened. That’s absolutely ridiculous. I’m a fan of both but I’m just gonna duck head & run out of room now. Trust me I checked duck head along with the rest this time.

2 Likes

Djd; HIL AR I OUS! Autocorrect, right? Anyway, gaffs aside, thx 4 the thumbs ups. Yeah, really looking forward 2 all the upcoming DCU content, kinda wish they’d done Starman series 2 intro Stargirl, but i know it’d take 2 long to get 2 courtney, so alzgood. Really looking forward 2 seeing what they do with the character, if they have drama involving atom smasher and shazam(i gotta say, hopefully not right away), if they have anybody in addition 2 pat dugan mentoring her development as a superhero, etc…

1 Like

Ha! Oh Autocorrect…sometimes you’re bad :wink:

1 Like