BREAKING NEWS: Batman Cast for Titans S2!

We’ve got some big news today from the world of DC Universe’s Titans! The show’s first season finale, “Dick Grayson,” featured a guest appearance by none other than the Batman himself. Of course the episode didn’t show viewers the man behind the mask. Well, get ready, Batfans. Because all that changes with Titans’ second season – in which billionaire playboy crimefighter Bruce Wayne will be played by actor Iain Glen.

The Scottish star, a graduate of the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, has won awards and acclaim for his Shakespearean theater work. But he’s best known to genre fans for his role as Ser Jorah Mormont in the HBO’s Game of Thrones (the final season of which will soon launch). Glen has also appeared in the Resident Evil film series (as the wicked Dr. Alexander Isaacs/Tyrant), Kick-Ass 2, and Lara Croft: Tomb Raider, as well as in TV’s Downton Abbey.

We don’t know about you, but we are incredibly excited to see The Bear take on the mantle of The Bat! So, what ABOUT your thoughts? Let us know in the comments below!

29 Likes

Wow, this is huge!

4 Likes

A very good casting decision.

3 Likes

Holy sh- checks community guidelines shoot!

7 Likes

Holy white walkers, Khaleesi!!! This is awesome!

4 Likes

Titans season 2 is gonna be dope

5 Likes

Pleasant surprise!

SO excited!! Season 2 can not come soon enough

5 Likes

Processing…Processing…

3 Likes

I really like this choice. Now I need to finish Season 1.

1 Like

Yeaahh, sorry not feeling this casting choice. Don’t get me wrong, I like Iain Glen. I just think for this role, he might be a tad too old. And I know what everyone’s gonna say, "Well since Dick is in the process of becoming Nightwing, of course, he’s gonna be older. Well consider this, Dick was his first Robin. He’s gonna have several other Robins in the coming future. Now I’m going to assume that Damian isn’t born yet but by the time he becomes Robin, then that would mean that Bruce is gonna be crazy old. And I’m not even counting when he met’s Terry Mcginnis. But maybe I think too much

4 Likes

So if you do Flashpoint can we get James Cosmo as Thomas Wayne?

Although Iain Glen would not immediately come to mind, I enjoy the actor’s work and I can totally see him as an older, gruffer yet sophisticated Bruce Wayne. Can’t wait for Season 2!!!

1 Like

That’s great news! I’ve been binge watching every season of G.O.T before the finale, best show ever. This is perfect casting for Bruce/Batman.

They do well casting their characters here at DCU.

Woah, woah, woah we get news about that casting for Superboy, Deathstroke, Rose Wilson, & Jericho. Now they have someone for Batman, just how much we getting for season 2 of Titans cuz already this blowing my mind on what else could happen. Season has got me hooked!!!

2 Likes

Not who I would first expect, but I’m sure he’ll do the role justice. Looking forward to some sweet, juicy father-son drama! :grin:

1 Like

I understand the concern about actor choices from my fellow DCUvians but considering the latest performances in Titans and Doom Patrol (can we talk animation Young Justice: Outsiders, or Arrowverse [especially Batwoman]). I just want to see Batman kick some @$$! They’re doing such a great job on the series how could you possibly be concerned about Batman’s performance?! He’s Batman! Now the wait time for Titans: Season 2 (and my other favorites) would be seriously protest worthy except my schedule is so busy with the Movie & TV and Comic Books sections.

I’ve never seen a movie or show with him so he’ll probably make a great Bruce for me since that will be the very first thing I see him in.

I’m okay with it and looking forward to what he brings to the role.

2 Likes

Why is he so old though? Lol

I like what I’ve seen of him on Game of Thrones so I’m sure to enjoy his Titans appearance(s).

2 Likes