Breaking News: Alec Holland and Swamp Thing Are Officially Cast

The geeks in all of us cry out! We are so honored to announce the latest casting for DC Universe’s original series, Swamp Thing. Please welcome to the stage Andy Bean as Alec Holland and Derek Mears as his creature counterpart, Swamp Thing!

We can’t get enough of these love letter castings of genre superstars. What are you thoughts? Are you familiar with Andy Bean and Derek Mears? If not, read all about them and get incredibly excited by reading the announcement in our News section or following the link below:
https://www.dcuniverse.com/news/andy-bean-and-derek-mears-star-dc-universe-swamp-thing/

11 Likes

Jason Vorhees is playing Swamp Thing - I am so excited!! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Super excited for this show. Hope we’ll get the original show added as well.

4 Likes

Nice

3 Likes

Nice choice for Holland. Derek Meyers is perfect for swamp thing!

4 Likes

Casting for Swamp Thing is :fire::fire::fire:

2 Likes

So EXCITED!! Remember watching the movies as a kid (first one directed by Wes Craven!), watching the TV show on USA Network, and watching the cartoon. Even had a couple of the action figures. Probably one of my top 5 DC Heroes.

6 Likes

These are the first 2 Idk immediately, but with what they’ve done with rest of the casting, and after reading up on them, I’m stoked. If anyone can pull of a creepy misunderstood monster it’s the man behind Jason Voorhees.

2 Likes

Can’t wait for the eventual official first look reveal at swampie!

2 Likes

So stoked to see Swamp Thing making it’s way back! Can’t wait to see this.

2 Likes

Excellent work on Titans. Can’t wait for Doom Patrol and Swamp Thing!

2 Likes