Brandon Routh To Don The Cape Again!

So, while I was busy cultivating and sowing the seeds for my next beautiful, Green master plan…I mean masterpiece, I forgot to share with you some news out of that big, fantastic party happening on the West Coast.

In an amazing SDCC announcement today at the DC TV panel, it was once again confirmed that Brandon Routh will be reprising his role as Superman, but it was revealed that he will play the Kingdom Come version of Superman in an Arrowverse crossover event for “Crisis on Infinite Earths”.

Routh made this announcement by showing up to the panel in a button-down shirt, only to later reveal the t-shirt underneath showing the Kingdom Come version logo of our favorite Man of Steel.

Kingdom Come is a story set in the far future, and has an older, darker take on the Man of Steel, whose faith in humanity and their reliance on superheroes ultimately gets destroyed… It was originally a DC Comics mini-series by Mark Waid and Alex Ross, but in 2008 Ross and writer Geoff Johns brought the Kingdom Come version of Superman into the pages of Justice Society of America. Looks like he’ll soon come face to face with the Arrowverse characters, and the version of Superman that Tyler Hoechlin plays in those shows. Infinite Earths means infinite Supermen, after all.

Are you excited to see Routh’s take on the Kingdom Come Superman? Tell us in the comments below!

15 Likes

I’m so excited for this.

I’m curious if it will still be the Superman from Superman Returns and that’s just the direction that universe took or if this is a new version all together.

3 Likes

So excited that they’ll combine 3 of my favorites: COIE, Superman Returns, Kingdom Come.

4 Likes

To quote Frank Langella’s Perry White: “Great Caesar’s ghost!”.

4 Likes

Now all we need is Tom Welling’s Superman from Smallville and Dean Cain’s from Lois and Clark! And knowing Henry Cavill and Christopher Reeves’ versions are most likely off limits, a shootout or reference would still be cool, it is the multiverse adterall, infinite possibilities… so why not make it happen?

5 Likes

@Chad22
I’m guessing it’s definitely not the Superman from Superman Returns as Brandon Routh was playing the same Superman that Christopher Reeves played, which is why I’m guessing they went with the kingdom come version since they probably can’t make the Reeves version happen, either way I’m sure it will be epic!

1 Like

wow, for real! … totally been high- and low-key hoping for this since the first big crossover when Brandon as Ray Palmer meets Supergirl and says, ‘she looks just like my cousin’

1 Like

I though he did a really good job as Superman! Really looking forward to seeing this crossover. Hope we get more cool surprises!

If Brandon Routh is Earth-22 Superman (which is awesome), does that mean that Megan Rath will be playing Brainiac’s Daughter of the same Earth, or is she Earth-11 Brainiac-5?

When Brandon Routh was at Smallville ComicCon, he said he’d welcome the opportunity to play Superman any time he was asked. So exciting he’ll get that opportunity again. I’m looking forward to this take on Superman!

So he’ll be married to Wonder Woman right?

1 Like

After hearing this I think I have to give kingdom come a read.

2 Likes

I liked him as Superman

1 Like

I think it is so cool that he gets to play Superman again. All these nods like last year’s 1990s Flash and I just heard 1966’s Batman’s Robin, Burt Ward, is playing a role. I think this will be the biggest crossover yet! Waiting for more guest stars… keeping fingers crossed for Smallville.

2 Likes

When will we see Tom Welling again?

He so deserves to play the man of steel again. He has earned it!

1 Like

That’s cool and everything but I really want a MoS sequel. There’s still room to explore with Cavil’s Superman.

1 Like

At that rate, we’ll see Cavill as Superman again in 2029 :sob:

1 Like

I was looking forward to this already and now I can’t wait to see this crossover.

1 Like

We need Tom Welling now.

3 Likes