Blue & Gold #1 (Of 8)
- Written by DAN JURGENS
- Art by RYAN SOOK
- Cover by RYAN SOOK
- Card stock variant cover by DAVE JOHNSON
- On Sale July 20
- Michael Carter, aka Booster Gold. A scoundrel from the future armed with stolen technology, a time machine and a robot pal named Skeets, is intent on making a name for himself in the past!
- Ted Kord, aka Blue Beetle. The inheritor of a proud legacy of crimefighting who had no powers to speak of, but who carried on the Blue Beetle legacy with just his wits and his fists…is armed with a whole lot of gadgets and a sharp sense of humor!
- Desperate to regain the spotlight, Booster Gold looks to attract the public’s (and Justice League’s) attention the same way any washed-up, second-rate hero would—social media. The not-so-tech-savvy hero from the 25th century enlists the help of his best friend, Blue Beetle, who possesses both the money and the brains to help his old pal navigate the scary world of internet influencers.
- Watch out, evildoers, our heroes are live and online!
I can’t say how long I’ve been hoping for this very thing, But Man! I am so glad it’s finally happening!
This is a pretty sweet announcement! I’m very glad to see that Jurgens is working on such a passion project!
Like all things Booster Gold… it’s about time.
This series looks cool. Will have to check it out.
The knuckleheads are back!! Finally, something from DC that sounds like fun!
I’m a big fan of Jurgens so I am definitely interested in this series. Personally I loved his Superman stint. Sorry don’t care for Bendis on Superman.
Between Superman: Son of Kal-El, the Shazam mini, Justice League: Infinity and now this, July is shaping up to be a great month for new books!
ponders if he should buy Blue & Gold in print and digital, so as to give it extra support and to show that a Blue & Gold ongoing would be badass
It’s not Giffen/ DeMatteis and Maguire…
It’s about thirty years too late…
But it’s finally here!
Wow!!! I’m super pumped for this! Such a great announcement.
The only thing I’m a little hesitant with is the art style on the cover. I’m not an artist and I would never say something like it is bad. It’s clear there is a lot of talent and heart put into it. I just don’t think the pseudo-realism works well here. Alex Ross can get a pass for me since his art is super stylized with water colors, but the digital look and coloring of this art just looks off for me. Doesn’t work for the medium/characters. But that’s just my un-artistic opinion. I’m reading this story no matter what!
Today’s issue was the best one so far thanks to the appearance of the one and only Guy Gardner.
This series just gets better and better!
Just read the last issue. I really enjoyed issues 1 and 8 with the middle being okay. This really shows that taking away my money was an awful idea.
I enjoyed the final issue. I’ve been waiting to see whoBlack Beetle really was for years, and while it wasn’t who I thought it was going to be, the reveal genuinely threw me off guard in a good way. It raised some interesting questions.
I also really liked the ending.