Blue Devil on Swamp Thing. Is this a joke to you?

For someone who’s favorite character of all time is Blue Devil, the idea of him actually going live action was a dream come true in the new Swamp Thing series…until I saw Ian Ziering was playing him and saw the poster with the suit on it. Are you kidding me? The Swamp Thing series is incredible so far. The Swamp Thing himself looks incredible and the special effects have been fantastic, story is phenomenal. Then I see the poster and am introduced to Dan Cassidy as a washed up actor (not fused into the suit) running a used vhs store? Are you kidding me!!! I waited decades for this crap?? DC, go look at art of Blue Devil from the original run and Shadowpact and then put it side by side with that horrendous poster. Aren’t you embarrassed? You have better costuming on crappy Legends of Tomorrow. All the effort put in on Titans, Doom Patrol and the rest of Swamp Thing and this is what you do to Blue Devil??? So disappointed. Paris Cullins would be spinning in his grave right now…if he were dead. Get the Blue Devil character fixed before you air anything else with him.

1 Like

I only know him briefly but he seems like just a literally a Blue Devil. Whats the problem?

Lmfao I’d argue the point with you of maybe it’s a setup to do him in a better costume later on but I mean the shows cancelled so nvm. I’d like to think they were planning something for the future before cancelation

4 Likes

show canceled B… no point getting upset

I find posts like this weird. I get complaining, but when it’s directed at the people who made the show? It’s not like the writers are browsing the community, right?

6 Likes

People are allowed to have an opinion on how the show adapted something even if it is cancelled.

4 Likes

@DanTheManOne1 I agree, I was just commenting on how the post is phrased in a way that seems to be directly addressing the writers.

3 Likes

The OP isn’t expressing an opinion; they’re accusing the creators of Swamp Thing of incompetence.

3 Likes

I mean, you haven’t even seen him in full costume yet. I don’t know a lot about Blue Devil, but I assume that this is Daniel Cassidy pre-Blue Devil. I would wait until he is in full costume later.

3 Likes

Given that we’ve seen the costume in the previews, I’m not assuming anything…

@flippenstater, chill out. This is a different universe from the comics, so the origin of the character won’t be the same. What they got right is that Cassidy is an actor/stuntman who is proud of being the character of Blue Devil. Now we have to see if he gets cursed by an actual demon and actually becomes the Blue Devil.

4 Likes

I’ve read virtually every issue of Blue Devil and Shadowpact and they are both great series. I didn’t notice any major problems with the suit.

Maybe we can glean some insight by considering all the live action costumes that directly copied their comic counterparts. Let’s list them all.

What can we learn from this list?

1 Like

I’m fine with it.

1 Like

This is a 1 and done series anyway. There will not be a season 2 of swamp thing. With Jason and the blue devil connections maybe we will get spin offs though. There is still a lot left to view. Maybe they are taking their time for the full reveal. With his carot cards being reversed you know something will be happening lol.

Are u good. You need to Honestly chill. People be bipolar on here

You might be the only Blue Devil fan I know

The actor that plays Adam Strange in Krypton is Canadian (Adam of course is american. Did I get upset yes but I got over it after 5 minutes. Heck Im still waiting for a live action Deadman .

1 Like

Ummm… lol wait till you actually see what he looks like when he turns. I think you’ll appreciate it.

2 Likes