Blue Beetle 2023

14 Likes

Such a cool logo! And it’s awesome that we got a release date alongside this

Of course part of me is still trying to stay cautious after Batgirl’s cancelation since that casts at least a little bit of doubt on any future project. But between giving this some actual official promotional material, which BG never did get, and moving it to theaters, I actually am a little more cautiously optimistic now that this will hold

9 Likes

Looks awesome!

6 Likes

I love this poster so much!! I’m so glad we finally got a premiere date as well!!! I hope this movie blows everyone away!

8 Likes

I really can’t wait to see this movie, I remember when Blue Beetle first appeared on Smallville, I thought the suit was looking terrible and it really suck, with this movie budget, I’m sure it’ll look alot better. So I’m looking forward to it. :grinning:

:blue_square:

7 Likes

Looks awesome™:+1:
Can’t wait.

6 Likes

Such a great poster! Love the colors.

8 Likes

Reminds me of WW84 poster art style.

6 Likes

Wonder Woman is good, but Blue Beetle can be better.:grin:

4 Likes

I’m looking forward to the movie. Hope it turns out well!

6 Likes

I’m SO excited, I think the casting is SPOT ON

6 Likes

You can’t blame Smallville for that, they did what they could with the technology at hand and the show still holds up. Without Smallville, none of this would happening either.

4 Likes

Imagine they had a Booster Gold cameo.

6 Likes

Played by who?

5 Likes

Lucas Till?

2 Likes

I don’t know, he could be cool.

2 Likes

I would love to see this. Really hoping we get a BB/BG movie someday. :crossed_fingers: Even a series on HBO Max or something would be great!

3 Likes

I love Xolo from Cobra Kai, so I’m very excited to see him get a movie as Blue Beetle! I hope it’s good, or even great!

1 Like

I’m super excited for this movie! I have high hopes for it.

2 Likes

I could support this. I was sorry they lost him from the FoxXverse. I’m not sure about him in a buddy comedy movie, but he could surprise.

@basicallytimdrake @staticshocks I hear and see a lot of excitement about this casting and this movie on social media, and on the reddit DC subs, and even shockingly when I lurk on 4chan. But I also remember hearing a lot of this kind of chatter for Superman Returns so you never know. That said, while I will probably watch this in theaters, I’m not that personally hyped for Jaime as BB. I’m not thrilled that much more about Ted, but I would like to see DC do more comedy and I think the material is there for a BB/BG film with the JLI versions of the characters. Jaime seemed to work really well in B-tBatB, but we don’t need more bat adjacent stuff, and he also worked well in Justice League Action and I don’t think he necessarily needs to be paired with Michael for it to be a comedy. Who knows - maybe this movie with this actor will end up being a lot like the Shazam movie with the actors who played Billy and Freddie and have both a lot of heart and great comedy.

2 Likes