'Black Panther' Star Chadwick Boseman Dies At 43

Chadwick Boseman, ‘Black Panther’ Star, Dies at 43

46 Likes

This is so very sad. He was so very talented. Beyond T’Challa, he also played Thurgood Marshall in Marshall.

21 Likes

Just a shocking piece of news I think for everyone. Such a tragedy here for an individual who was beloved within both the Hollywood and fandom communities. His bright light will truly be missed.

26 Likes

Yeah just saw this. Thought it was a hoax at first. But sadly is true. :pensive:

15 Likes

He was diagnosed in 2016.

So timeline wise, he was fighting this as he was filming these movies. Every time we saw him was a triumph, and he bested this disease long enough to give us a piece of art that inspired millions. It’s timeless, and he will never be forgotten.

R.I.P Chadwick Boseman. Wakanda Forever.

36 Likes

Posted in the other thread before I saw this one was made first, sorry. Cancer is terrible. It is very tragic how young he was and had to be dealing with that. Sorry for his loved ones.

13 Likes

Agreed- definitely indeed a tragedy @iJest, especially when one considers the super bright future ahead of him on the big screen and in life in general. Very sad news here to be sure.

12 Likes

This news is jarring and tragic. He was a fantastic actor.

12 Likes

tenor (3)

Wakanda Forever!!!

RIP

20 Likes

I know this isn’t DC-related, but the comic book family lost an icon today! Farewell, Chadwick! You did fans everywhere, and Jack and Stan especially, proud!

27 Likes

Holy Sh*t I thought this was a troll post. Wow. R.I.P.
Had no idea he had cancer.

10 Likes

This one hurt man , surely will be missed. Will always hold a special place for him as the black panther, will never forget our King T’Challa. IMG_20200828_220803

17 Likes

My friend (Marvel fan) just told me this, wow. I know how beloved the Black Panther movie is, very sorry for his family and fans. RIP.

edit: reasoning for the double-post: the two threads were merged

10 Likes

It’s all too real, sadly…

14 Likes

Rest In Peace

8 Likes

It’s really hard to put into words how much his work has helped me grow as a person. I’ve learned so much about empathy and the strength of others. I’ll never forget watching 42 for the first time freshman year of high school. I can’t believe how difficult it must have been working the past few years. Rest in power.

11 Likes

Might not be DC

But Wakanda Forever

:purple_heart:

12 Likes

Un ■■■■■■■ believable, man. I thought it was a joke when I first saw the headlines and had to double check. I first saw him as Jackie Robinson, then James Brown, and later Thurgood Marshall. I had no idea he was sick since 2016 and has been filming in spite of that.

7 Likes

Black Panther’s people came up with the cure for cancer in the comics. To bad nothing like that happed in nonfiction. :cry:

9 Likes

Agreed @AlexanderKnox.

6 Likes