:superman: Black History Month Super Selection | Book Club | Modern Age Superman Club

Maybe we’ll get some multiverse adventures with Superman and Lois!

1 Like

Word yo, these issues were da bomb.

“That’s more like the '90s, homeslice.”

True, but the point is these issues were fun then and are still fun today. :slight_smile:

In nearly twenty years from now, we’ll probably look back on today’s issues of Action and say “Man, they had to hold their phones? What a crock!” :laughing:

Superman/Batman was where I first learned of Mia. I’m still trying to pinpoint all of her appearances, which isn’t at all hard, its just that I always forget to finish doing that, because “Read all of Mia’s comics.” is nearly dead-last on my Reading Priorities list. :grin:

A sorely, sorely underrated run from the Rebirth era. Its definitely deserving of more acclaim than it’s received, thus far.

Fully agree. :raised_hands:t2:

The “aggressively 00s” thing also applied to things like the teenaged Traci 13 walking around in basically the outfit Poison Ivy wears in the Arkham games, and Natasha in her first scene wearing basically overalls and a pair of shoes while welding white-hot metal, just stuff you wouldn’t see nowadays and probably for the best.

Not to mention it depended on plots from the Chuck Austen run on Superman, which…the less said about that one, the better.

1 Like

I would hope that absolutely nobody would wear overalls and a pair of tennies while welding, because that would be:

A. Stupid
B. A fashion faux pas (like I’m one to talk :smirk:)
C. Stupid

Its most definitely for the best that we don’t see that kind of thing from the welding community.

I have no hesitancy in saying that not only did I like Chuck Austen’s run on Action Comics (his Godfall follow-up was kinda meh, I’ll give you that), but that I also liked what I read of his run on Uncanny X-Men.

One fan’s trash is most definitely another fan’s…well, not treasure, but let’s just say its not trash, either. :wink:

In both cases, its largely the art that I liked more than anything, but the art isn’t what it is without writing to fuel it.

SN: Whatever happened to Mr. Austen? Is he still writing comics for other publishers, or did he get out of the biz?