Black Canary's Season 8 Costume

@Mae I have to say that the quality of the CW shows are just not the highest they could be. The writing on many of them leaves much to be desired. I will agree that I want the Arrow characters to continue on in this universe. I want to see Black Canary in Flash, Supergirl, Batwoman, Legends, and/or her own/BoP show.

1 Like

@Awesome_Squid That’s my biggest gripe with the CW. Many times they will make characters act out of character just to service the plot. I can also see why people have problems with them (I do sometimes). I still enjoy much of the universe for the most part and am glad I’m finally getting to see more of the DC world coming to life outside of the big two.

I agree that the 20+ episodes a season is not the way to go anymore. It was in the '90s when shows were not heavily serialized like they are today. Something like 16 episodes will be fine. But I’ve never had any problem with the writing, I love the characters and I love how they’re portrayed. I care a lot more about a lot of the DC characters now because of the CW shows. They’re often soapy and fluffy but that’s comics as well.

It would be amazing if Black Canary could move to Batwoman after Arrow ends and maybe they could bring back Huntress? What ever happened to Helena on Arrow? I don’t know how doable a BOP show would be with the movie, but maybe they could be part of the supporting team for Kate? Could they also introduce Barbara Gordon? I mean if this is The Gotham, just without Batman, then anyone could show up.

And speaking of characters, could Naomi show up? Maybe in Supergirl?

They could make a Birds of Prey show!

1 Like

I’m conflicted – I want to see how Arrow ends, but I literally haven’t liked a season of Arrow since season 2 (with the exception of season 5).

2 Likes

@Mae I could see Naomi showing up in Supergirl or Black Lightning. I could also see her coming to DC Universe as live-action or to Young Justice.

I could see Black Canary moving to Gotham just how she is in the comics. She could also go on Flash since that’s where Earth-2 Laurel originated.

1 Like

@Jay_Kay Yeah, but it’s a truncated season. I gotta watch. I already spent too much of my time watching for Black Canary, I’ll see it through to the end :slight_smile:

That looks ok but this is still my favorite Canary

2 Likes

@Awesome_Squid I’d love another BOP show. They have all of the characters except Barbara to do it. With the movie coming out, they’d not want to have a competing version on TV. They could still show up occasionally like Mae said. I just want to keep following Laurel in some way.

@ abfgmsw I agree that this is her best hero look yet. I wish we could have gotten a full 20+ episode season of this Black Canary.

1 Like

@fansumtheory.16165 Isn’t that Supergirl? That’s her look for the new season with the bangs.

1 Like

@nu52 LOL Rignt! I thought she was trying to look older not like a kid with bangs!

Nah, look closer at the haircut. That’s clearly Guy Gardner.

You’re right! It’s Guy dressed as Supergirl in a Canary costume!

2 Likes

I hope the Arrowverse costume designers are taking notes.

Can she become a regular on another Arrowverse show after Arrow ends? That suit is way too good for just a short season.

6 Likes

Legends, please!

2 Likes

Personally, I’d love her on the Flash to team up with Killer Frost or in Batwoman since Black Canary is a Gotham resident in many iterations.

I’ve been hoping for Laurel to get the short dark hair Dinah had in Mike Grell’s Green Arrow series for a while now. This is close enough, and the costume is great.

1 Like

Katie does love changing up her hair. I bet if she were to land on another show in the Arrowverse, we might get a dark haired version while she grows it out. I like her with the blonde, but she did look awesome as Black Siren with the short dark wig.

1 Like