Black Canary Solo Movie in the Works at HBO Max!

it could tie into what montoya teased about her mother helping the GCPD, maybe a JSA flashback

3 Likes

how so?

ok so Canary implies that viggilantism is what got her mother killed right, now that canary is a vigilante she goes after those responsible for her motherā€™s death

1 Like

ah, thanks

Love this news. Birds Of Prey is incredibly fun, and Jurnee Smollet is always good.

3 Likes

You know, watching Birds of Prey, I was thinking how great it would be to see a Black Canary solo film. DC Universe and HBO Max, you read my mind!

3 Likes

even with the mess up on some characters?

Honestly, I think the only character that got really messed up was Cassandra Cain, and from what has been said from people whoā€™s been around it, I have a sneaky suspicion that was a studio mandated thing.

Dinah in the movie has a lot of stuff that Dinah in the comics has ā€“ the sonic scream, the hand-to-hand skills, the more recent singing skills, some mother issues due to mum being a hero in her day, all that good stuff.

3 Likes

Yeah, I donā€™t care about that. Itā€™s like Aquaman ā€“ Momoa is absolutely nothing like any version of the character Iā€™ve read, but the movie was fun as hell. Birds Of Prey had great action, a fantastic cast, and a really cool look. Iā€™ve read and enjoyed many Birds Of Prey comics over the years but I donā€™t need to see them faithfully reproduced in live action to enjoy the movie.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s a pretty fair way to put it!

Sometimes certain characters, their relationship dynamics, and their storylines (especially in a comic-to-live-action sense) can be so multifaceted that itā€™s amazing to see them be interpreted in completely different ways, or reimagined in a way where it still makes sense/stays true to the core essence of that character (and may even build upon them in the cases of some minor characters). Itā€™s even better when all these different interpretations come together into a single piece that still hooks people on the particular portrayals of those characters, whether they know who they are beforehand or not!

2 Likes

@mrmiracle and @Jay_Kay what about Roman Sionis(sp?); was his personality accurate?

I havenā€™t see a lot of Black Mask in the comics, but either way I think that version of Roman was the right one for that movie. Just like the different take on Roman/Black Mask in Batwoman was the right version for the show.

Arrow completely reimagined Slade Wilson and created arguably the best villain the show had in 8 seasons. Titans stuck much closer to the source material (although some changes were still made) and the end result was also excellent.

3 Likes

Seemed pretty decently so ā€“ I saw a good mix of his Bronze Age introduction with the sadistic qualities that Ed Brubaker gave him during his Catwoman run.

Wonder if BC will dye her hair blonde

Wig could come off during a fight

Iā€™d definitely watch this. I liked this version of Dinah and Iā€™d love to know more about her mother in her days watching out for Gotham.

4 Likes

Too bad the mother wasnā€™t in the movie, get her thoughts on Batman

I Would Love Too See A Black Canary Movie!
A Super Girl Movie Too!

Only reference to Supergirl was in the MoS prequel comic where a Kryptonian with the same name died years ago

1 Like

Iā€™am Glad Too Hear There Is A Black Canary Movie In the Works!
I Sent In Too D.C. Comics Too Make A Black Canary Movie!
I Think Black Canary Has A Large Audience!

Who Will the Villain Be?!
Sarah Michelle Gellar of Holly Marie Combs Would Make an Excellent Black Canary!
Even Though I Doubt They Will Use Them!
Theyā€™ll Probably Try A New Unknown!

Nicholas Cage Might Make A Great Villain!
Hopefully, Black Canary Will Wear Her Classic Costume!
Hopefully, They Will Give Her Her Own City, Not Gotham!
D.C. Comics is Taking Chances!

P.S. Can A Zatanna Zatara Movie Be Far Behind?!
Jennifer Love Hewitt or Holly Marie Combs Would Make A Great Zatanna Zatara!