Black Canary Solo Movie in the Works at HBO Max!

If they get more Robins can Jason get to live this time. I am really tired of burying my son over and over.

4 Likes

Yeah, in reality I think the red robin is just because there’s no good canary emoji.

2 Likes

:00_black_canary:
:canary_islands:

2 Likes

Out of the 87 DC film/tv projects that have been announced “in development” in the last year… this is the most interesting.

BOP is still the best superhero movie since the Dark Knight.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Birds of Prey was awesome and one of the best movies for me of 2020! So this is extremely exciting for me as a BOP fan. Could we dare hope for a Huntress movie as well?

9 Likes

With that Batgirl movie coming and Canary, I think there’s real hope for a Huntress spin-off! Maybe we’ll get a more comics accurate Birds of Prey sometime?

5 Likes

That would be indeed amazing! Seems they’re building a whole side-universe over on HBO Max.

4 Likes

Hopefully – rumors were that Black Canary might show up in Batgirl (since it’s apparently inspired by the Batgirl: Year One series and she had a couple issues where she teamed up with Dinah there), and now Dinah’s getting her own movie. Maybe have Huntress show up for a scene or two in Dinah’s movie, and maybe the three can all team up in a new Birds of Prey flick?

5 Likes

I would appreciate a more comics accurate wardrobe. I don’t necessarily need fishnets but a black leather jacket would be lovely.

Wishlist

• Discussion of legacy
  • A lovable rouge Oliver Queen
  • Batgirl cameo
  • Plenty canary cry action
  • Don’t set in Gotham necessarily
  • Reference to the wider DCEU
4 Likes

I’m not sure if you said if you’ve seen BOP yet, but here’s what she wears at the end of the movie when the team is essentially formed:

Make it just a little darker and I think that would fit well for Dinah.

5 Likes

Oh yes I remember that now. Yes just something a little darker I think would suit her.

1 Like

I also really enjoyed BOP! IMO it was fun, light, and playful ~

6 Likes

outfit looks fine.

1 Like

Neat!

2 Likes

Same! I’m excited and hope it comes to be :pray:

3 Likes

It’d be cool if it was something like this fan art (fish-nets not required for me either):

Maybe it’s me coming off the Ratcatcher 2 hype but shorter hair (not too short) but not too long where it’ll come across better in the action scenes would be perfect imo.

Edit: Then again the really short hair for Supergirl is working for me so guess we’ll see what they go with either way.

I remember seeing that “hair tie” clip from the movie so it would make sense within the canon to go with shorter hair :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

I mean, I would like some fishnet patterns at least – it doesn’t have to be stockings on bare legs like the classic costume, but to me, Black Canary and fishnets are as essential to the character as the cape and cowl are to Batman.

6 Likes

I think shorts over the fishnets is a good compromise of the classic look and the more modern interpretations. Also love the bird on the jacket in this image.

I enjoy BOP the more I watch it but Smollet’s Canary has always worked for me. I just wasn’t too fond of the costuming they went with for Canary and Huntress in the majority of film. I thought Harley looked so good that it felt like everyone else was lacking.

3 Likes

Sq ethos the other day. Sounds Awesome™:+1:.