Black Adam Discussion Thread -- Spoilers!

Looks great! Looking forward to it.

3 Likes

You aren’t the only one! I was excited just based off the first trailer, and this one looks even better. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ll definitely seen this in theaters in a desire to support DC cinema generally and to see the other characters but the second trailer makes me actually less motivated in the types of things The Rock and his production company/producing partners are wanting to do - especially because when the DISCO people finally hire someone to lead DC Films, it’s highly likely that they won’t pursue a Black Adam centered DCU - unless the film really hits in the way Aquaman did, and no one is - for example - saying that we need an Aquaman centered DCU because the first moved cracked a billion, or a Diana lead DCU when the first movie hit so well, especially domestically.

My issue is that everything The Rock does, is done largely and not always proportionally, in service of his own personal mystique (or the character he is playing) - a perfect example of this are San Andreas and Skyscraper - and even more so, when he unnecessarily took over for Brendan Fraser for Journey 2 - The Mysterious Island, and just comparing the way it was written (and this was when The Rock had a lot less say so on that kind of thing) and how he performed versus the charm in the Uncle Trev performance.

4 Likes

Never saw any of those 3 movies

1 Like

Wonder if they will reference some of the Hawkman hawkwoman curse in this movie besides that been waiting for fate to have a proper introduction

2 Likes

Welcome to the community fellow Hawkman fan.
:00_hawkman:

1 Like

Welcome to the community @alexpurvis1980.20154! :fireworks: I certainly hope they do.

Please don’t hesitate to let the moderator team know if you need anything! :00_hawkman:

2 Likes

:notes: :00_shazam: :fire: :00_dc_2016:

2 Likes

Anyone else going to the DCUI/Bat Cowls Exclusive Fan Premiere for Black Adam on Wednesday in NYC?

2 Likes

And now we have the Justice Society theme:

6 Likes

Not bad

2 Likes

Absolutely love that theme. I can only imagine how much more grand it will be when we see the striking imagery that accompanies it.

With the Society theme in mind, my top DCEU tracks are:

• Flight (Man of Steel)

• Is She With You? (BvS)

• Shazam! (Shazam!)

• The Justice Society (Black Adam)

• Kingdom of Atlantis (Aquaman)

Honorable Mention: Themyscira (Wonder Woman 1984)

1 Like

Just got out of Black Adam and absolutely loved it! They did my boy Hawkman good and I will definitely be seeing this in the theater again.

5 Likes

Yay

2 Likes

I’m soooo excited to see Doctor Fate on screen like… !!!

But honestly, as cool as all the characters are and Black Adam being played by Dwayne Johnson… this is what I’m feeling
People: Cool, a Black Adam movie!
Deep fans: Cool, a Hawkman prequel!

9 Likes

A special thanks to Grace Randolph for giving out major plot spoilers a week before the movie debuts.
You just don’t come across that combination of stupidity and uselessness every day.

You should avoid Grace like the plague normally, but especially avoid anything online including her until you’ve seen the film.

3 Likes

Are we sure what she said was accurate?

2 Likes

Folks should avoid her “work” and “scoops” after they’ve seen the movie as well.

She’s the “Oh man, are they mining insert comic book event from years back here for the movie? Stay tuned!” type who acts like a fan, but whose fake fandom is very, very noticeable to those who actually do follow the things she purports to be a fan of.

If she wants to blather on, she’s welcome to it of course, but she might want to earn journalistic integrity and actually be a fan of what she’s talking about, instead of acting like one simply for clicks and views.

She might also want to revisit how she goes about thumbnails for her videos. In most of them, she looks confused and disoriented, neither of which are good for folks seeking news content that is actually news and not rampant, uninformed click bait. Looking professional has its benefits.

3 Likes

I can’t believe we’re only 5 days away from Black Adam! I’m more excited for this movie then I have been for a movie in years! Seeing the JSA on the big screen is gonna rock!

4 Likes

So, clickbait?

2 Likes