Black adam movie news

According to reports, Jaume Collet-Serra is going to be directing Black Adam! Dwayne Johnson has already been casted as Black Adam for quite some time now. How do you feel about this?

5 Likes

Here is a link: https://variety.com/2019/film/news/jaume-collet-serra-black-adam-dwayne-johnson-1203138975/

Interesting choice. He’s directed Liam Neeson in a variety of movies over the years, some for WB too.

I’m glad to hear some news about Black Adam. Johnson’s going to nail that role.

1 Like

Since I heard that the rock was cast I’ve been curious about seeking black adam from playing injustice to that small tease in shazam good choice for director. I just hope that the movie is out before shazam 2

Black Adam in Injustice 2 was one of my favorites (in terms of gameplay)

Read Black Adams post 52 mini series. It’s great.

1 Like

I’m thrilled because it means they’re making steps towards making this movie a reality!

1 Like

I know right!

1 Like

What msgtv said.

So, this director worked with the Rock an Disney’ Jungle Cruise (sequel will be about the Tilt a Whirl). The important part is the heavy praise Rock heaps on the director. Happy Rock, happy movie news

1 Like

Yeah pretty cool

1 Like

I feel like casting Dwayne Johnson as Black Adam is a waste of his talents, why not cast him in a more important role, as a former football player, he could be a good rebooted Cyborg or maybe as a rebooted Lex Luthor?

Cyborg? Love the Rock but too old. Now, Lex Luthor is an idea, he’s Rock ever played the villain?

2 Likes

That is good news.

@Shadow302: I’d love to see the Rock cast as Lex Luther but he’s too old to play Cyborg unless they were planning to do an older Cyborg at some point.

1 Like

Black Adam can be a very compelling character if done right, however if Dwayne was to be cast as something else, I’d suggest taking advantage of his charisma

3 Likes

Black Adam is quite an interesting character.

His time in the JSA series was entertaining, as was 52 and his post-52 mini (simply titled Black Adam) that ran from 2007 to 2008.

I think Johnson is going to nail Teth-Adam and become a huge fan favorite.

3 Likes

Johnson as Lex Luther is a very interesting idea I can get behind