Birds of Prey

No way! I’ve been trying to read more Suicide Squad, since I’m only familiar with some of the books with Harley, but now I think I know one of the reasons @Razzzcat told me to check this one out! :flushed:

7 Likes

I think this is one of the best series from the late 80s. It has its dark moments but then there lighter moments (who is the person throwing pies in peoples faces?) and the character building is by far some of the best I have seen in comics from any generation.

8 Likes

Thanks! Fleshed out characters are always a winner. That’s a lot of issues. I think I’ll save it for my holiday break, but it’s happening sooner rather than later! Does anyone know why there is a Blackest Night comic listed?

7 Likes

I haven’t gotten to that issue yet. To my understanding, it was like a special issue for Blackest Night. This story is continued in Secret Six which makes it even more confusing. I am in the process of reading these via the collected editions and I still need to get vol. 6 and 8. Which of course doesn’t have issue 67. That is actually in a Secret Six tpb.

Here is a little more on the resurrected titles during Blackest Night. It looks like a cool concept but I haven’t read anything from that storyline to actually say if it was a good idea or not.

7 Likes

@BirdsofPrey Hi everybody! :00_birds_of_prey: Just wanted to drop these off, if anyone will be reading or wishes to join us for Pennyworth!

8 Likes

This looks cool but like, where’s Babsie y’all?

5 Likes

I was hoping she’d be here too but it looks like all of the action’s gonna’ be in Metropolis this season.

Besides, my gurrrlll’s gotta’ stay back in Gotham so she cane deal with Drury Walker ONCE AND FOR ALL.

:smile: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :00_batgirl1:

5 Likes

@BirdsofPrey Hello, everybody! :hugs: Hope all is well. We have a new reading activity up for this month—join us!

8 Likes

It’s so good!!., I’m only as far as the site has released non ultra. But, the art is so cool. Idk how to explain, except to say; it looks like simple, extremely difficult art. I know that’s a conundrum…but, it looks simple. Yet, it’s so cool looking!!! Idk how to categorize it? I’ll just say I’m definitely the target demographic for it.

5 Likes

:boom: @BirdsofPrey Alert!

Another month is unexpectedly here, and we’ve got some new reading for you, dear peeps! This time we are going way back to the era of the 1940s and such as our explorations of BOP origins know no timely bounds! Join us!

8 Likes

@mae :birthday: :tada:

xrb1Bx
xmaeAx

4 Likes

:purple_heart:

4 Likes

Hello ! I may be a little lost :sob: Im wondering if the BOP club has a reading for January or currently? Just checking in, I hope your year is going well :birds_of_prey_club_oracle:

4 Likes

Sorry, we’re taking a little unscheduled break, but should be back next month as usual.

6 Likes

Thank you for responding (: Mae I hope everything is ok! Cant wait for our next read along (:birds_of_prey_club_oracle:

4 Likes

Nice art!

3 Likes

This is interesting – artist Frank Cho recently posted on Instagram a video of him inking a cover that he calls a “Birds of Prey interlocking cover,” where we see Big Barda and Batgirl fighting an army of orcs.

I get the feeling we might get the announcement of a new series soon…

1,021 Likes, 8 Comments - Frank Cho (@frankchoartist) on Instagram: "Birds of Prey interlocking covers, work-in-progress. 

Chilling out in my studio, listening to Conan the Barbarian soundtrack to get me in the mood to draw and ink this massive...

4 Likes

I bet it’s a Knight Terrors tie-in.

4 Likes

It’s possible – could be a miniseries or maybe the start of a new series. It would be odd if Barda or Cass’ fear are orcs. It could also be that Cho is just running on what was described to him since he’s most likely doing variant covers and not any interior work.

4 Likes

Hello! I just joined and I have an important question: Is there a limit on how much “risking your own life to do something stupid” a member can do?

(Also, how do I change my profile pic from the weird Batman outline? And how do I change my Gmail-generated username?)

1 Like