Birds of Prey

:hugs:

This makes me so sad. I hate the idea of all that work going to waste, let alone the fact that now we canā€™t watch it. :disappointed:

8 Likes

This better not be a Roger Corman Fantastic Four scenario.

They better not roll out a new bigger budgeted Batgirl movie anytime soon.

7 Likes

Iā€™m getting #ReleaseTheLeslieGraceCut vibes on this, as Mr. @biff_pow wisely pointed out. Too much cash was spent on this picture for it to just stay in the vault. Investors are gonnaā€™ want to be paid so Iā€™m pretty sure weā€™ll get a version of the film in some form or another down the line.

8 Likes

It is indeed @chintzybeatnik. :expressionless:

8 Likes

:hugs:

7 Likes

:smile:

6 Likes

Friends, can I be honest that this really breaking me right now. Just at such a loss right now.

9 Likes

Me too @chintzybeatnik. :pleading_face: :hugs:

8 Likes

But since that put out that hit piece on the Snyder Cut in Rolling Stone, they can always fall back on the bots angle if the #ReleaseTheBatgirlCut movement gains any real traction.

7 Likes

After CW and now this, I donā€™t want to lose these too. :persevere: :00_black_canary:

7 Likes

What happened with CW?

6 Likes

A ton of the CWā€™s shows are cancelled or ending. Thereā€™s only three current - Flash, Superman and Lois, and Stargirl, and Flash is ending after the next season. One is upcoming - Gotham Knights - but it looks truly dreadful.

9 Likes

Based on itā€™s top end production value and Zaslav Palpatineā€™s desire to shift all DCEU production dollars to event style feature film production this seriesā€™ third season might be itā€™s last, and that would be truly sad to see happen.

:unamused:

7 Likes

At this point, Iā€™m kind of expecting every DC TV series to get cancelled after their next confirmed season, butā€¦ I really hope Iā€™m wrong. Like, REALLY hope Iā€™m wrong.

6 Likes

Iā€™ve been seeing reports that Gotham Knights is already canceled.

6 Likes

Thatā€™s too bad. ā€¦Maybe.

6 Likes

I kinda hope so. But I havenā€™t heard those reports yet.

6 Likes

I looked a little more into this, and it appears that CW will be for sale, which makes sense. I have no idea how Batwoman lasted more than one season with its ratings, even if I enjoyed the show. Flash sort of makes sense to end as it has been on for 9 seasons. I expect to see a few more shows canceled before CW sells. CW is such a weird network because it is owned by two production companies and now those companies are in a streaming war with each other.

7 Likes

Hi @BirdsofPrey, our book club is back in session again and itā€™s a big one this time! :boom:

8 Likes

I have been slowly reading Ostranderā€™s Suicide Squad but I finally got to issue 23. I am sure some are wondering why I would post this here.

I believe this is the first time we ā€œseeā€ Oracle!

9 Likes