Birds of Prey

At this point, I’m kind of expecting every DC TV series to get cancelled after their next confirmed season, but… I really hope I’m wrong. Like, REALLY hope I’m wrong.

6 Likes

I’ve been seeing reports that Gotham Knights is already canceled.

6 Likes

That’s too bad. …Maybe.

6 Likes

I kinda hope so. But I haven’t heard those reports yet.

6 Likes

I looked a little more into this, and it appears that CW will be for sale, which makes sense. I have no idea how Batwoman lasted more than one season with its ratings, even if I enjoyed the show. Flash sort of makes sense to end as it has been on for 9 seasons. I expect to see a few more shows canceled before CW sells. CW is such a weird network because it is owned by two production companies and now those companies are in a streaming war with each other.

7 Likes

Hi @BirdsofPrey, our book club is back in session again and it’s a big one this time! :boom:

8 Likes

I have been slowly reading Ostrander’s Suicide Squad but I finally got to issue 23. I am sure some are wondering why I would post this here.

I believe this is the first time we “see” Oracle!

9 Likes

No way! I’ve been trying to read more Suicide Squad, since I’m only familiar with some of the books with Harley, but now I think I know one of the reasons @Razzzcat told me to check this one out! :flushed:

7 Likes

I think this is one of the best series from the late 80s. It has its dark moments but then there lighter moments (who is the person throwing pies in peoples faces?) and the character building is by far some of the best I have seen in comics from any generation.

8 Likes

Thanks! Fleshed out characters are always a winner. That’s a lot of issues. I think I’ll save it for my holiday break, but it’s happening sooner rather than later! Does anyone know why there is a Blackest Night comic listed?

7 Likes

I haven’t gotten to that issue yet. To my understanding, it was like a special issue for Blackest Night. This story is continued in Secret Six which makes it even more confusing. I am in the process of reading these via the collected editions and I still need to get vol. 6 and 8. Which of course doesn’t have issue 67. That is actually in a Secret Six tpb.

Here is a little more on the resurrected titles during Blackest Night. It looks like a cool concept but I haven’t read anything from that storyline to actually say if it was a good idea or not.

7 Likes

@BirdsofPrey Hi everybody! :00_birds_of_prey: Just wanted to drop these off, if anyone will be reading or wishes to join us for Pennyworth!

8 Likes

This looks cool but like, where’s Babsie y’all?

5 Likes

I was hoping she’d be here too but it looks like all of the action’s gonna’ be in Metropolis this season.

Besides, my gurrrlll’s gotta’ stay back in Gotham so she cane deal with Drury Walker ONCE AND FOR ALL.

:smile: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :00_batgirl1:

5 Likes

@BirdsofPrey Hello, everybody! :hugs: Hope all is well. We have a new reading activity up for this month—join us!

8 Likes

It’s so good!!., I’m only as far as the site has released non ultra. But, the art is so cool. Idk how to explain, except to say; it looks like simple, extremely difficult art. I know that’s a conundrum…but, it looks simple. Yet, it’s so cool looking!!! Idk how to categorize it? I’ll just say I’m definitely the target demographic for it.

5 Likes

:boom: @BirdsofPrey Alert!

Another month is unexpectedly here, and we’ve got some new reading for you, dear peeps! This time we are going way back to the era of the 1940s and such as our explorations of BOP origins know no timely bounds! Join us!

8 Likes

@mae :birthday: :tada:

xrb1Bx
xmaeAx

4 Likes

:purple_heart:

4 Likes

Hello ! I may be a little lost :sob: Im wondering if the BOP club has a reading for January or currently? Just checking in, I hope your year is going well :birds_of_prey_club_oracle:

4 Likes