Birds of Prey

Yeah, the Golden Age can veer between super fun and super cringy real fast, like a roller coaster. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

The weirdest thing is the unbalance. In one panel they are saying how Dinah is then the next saying how strong Black Canary is. They are trying to do the Clark Kent/Superman thing but forcing it and it just seems lazy. With all of that said, the actual adventures of Black Canary are fun. This book ranges from 1947 to 1972 so it should be interesting to see how she develops in the later stories.

5 Likes

I’m very curious to read these stories, I wish more of those old Flash issues were digitized.

4 Likes

I think one of the things that keeps me going is needing to know when Larry and Dinah became more than Larry just annoying Dinah. The book is kind of repetitive which kind of makes it hard to sit down for a binge read. Even with all of the flaws that I have found, mainly 21st century values to 1940s values, it is pretty good.

4 Likes

I haven’t read these but this should definitely be Dinah’s response to that behavior:

I love this description, it’s perfect. :joy:

5 Likes

Hey there, @BirdsofPrey! It’s that time again: New month=new books! :open_book: :birds_of_prey_club_oracle: :00_black_canary: :catwoman_hv_5:

…and a POLL! Who doesn’t like a poll? Join us!

And now this: :coffee: (Spoilers)

https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/comic/6341681/batman-secret-files-huntress-1

5 Likes

DC really should have published a Veronica Mars comic to tie into the show, or movie. A missed opportunity.

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I’ll try and check these out. I’ve been in the mood for a BOP and Nightwing (especially the latter) re-read as of late.

5 Likes

I do love me some season 1 Veronica (the other seasons fell down for me, sadly) so dearly.

5 Likes

Yeah, season 1 was my favorite as well.

I haven’t seen the show in years. Is it streaming anywhere?

5 Likes

I dunno - maybe Hulu, since they did the most recent season. I bought the DVDs of the first season and the movie, and I’m good. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I bought the Season One DVD when it came out…and never watched it in the years I owned it. :laughing:

Some VM fan I was. :smirk:

4 Likes

Eh, that seems like a terrible insult to Venom.

4 Likes

I actually didn’t watch my DVDs until many years after buying them, when I was showing the series to a friend for the first time. There were a few disc problems :frowning: Still an awesome series!

Eh, that seems like a terrible insult to Venom.

The character/idea of Hue Vile seems a lot more like a cross between the Aliens from the Alien movies, the body snatchers from The Puppet Masters, and even Starro. Not really Venom-like, in my reading.

5 Likes

I had watched VM on UPN, then when I saw the S1 DVD at Best Buy during a Black Friday sale, I thought “Score!” and bought it, fully planning on re-watching the season.

But…you know what they say about the best-laid plans of men who enjoy Veronica Mars…

…don’t you? Because I don’t. :joy:

5 Likes

Okay, after seeing this trailer for Mary Elizabeth Winstead’s Kate on Netflix made me wish we got a Huntress movie in this style.

7 Likes

Oh, man, agreed. I didn’t enjoy the Birds of Prey film very much, but Huntress (and Canary) were the two things I definitely enjoyed, and I wish we could have gotten a Birds of Prey series starring those two actors in those roles.

6 Likes

That looks neat.

says the following in his best Don LaFontaine (the famous movie trailer narrator) voice

At last…John McClane’s daughter (Lucy)/Scott Pilgrim’s ex (Ramona) /the DCEU Huntress in her very own movie!

4 Likes

Loving everything about this right down to the letterer lol. Yes I did mean the actual letterer & not to the letter I realized that was confusing as I’m typing & done.

3 Likes

𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑷𝒀 𝑩𝑬𝑳𝑨𝑻𝑬𝑫 @Razzzcat!!! I missed it :cry:. Plus my pics won’t upload unless I do em one at a time. But, the show must go on. I’ll keep it simple.

A condensed version of the BOP plus all of my cyber-love & wishes towards the best possible birthday u can have!!!

3 Likes

IN A WORLD where Mary Elizabeth Winstead IS the Huntress… :wink:

6 Likes