Birds of Prey

I always pronounced it like the last word of ā€œGone With The Windā€.

You know, a superhero whose codename begins with a bodily fluid is going to have issues with how people see them in any event. Letā€™s just be honest.

Villains (like Bloodsport) wonā€™t give a ****, but heroes, well, they care.

4 Likes

Are you implying that citizens donā€™t look up to Flemgem the same way they do Superman?

4 Likes

Always looking for more Steph, and holy cats, this thread blew up my email today :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I went into the Batwoman episode with low expectations, as Iā€™d not watched any of the show, and didnā€™t like most of the other CW shows I tried, but I thought Steph was great (red hair aside), and the writer CLEARLY loved Batman Eternal, which endeared her and the episode to me a lot!

Well, as my profile picture I hope shows, Iā€™m SUPER into her time as Robin. :slight_smile:

Interesting. I do prefer her Robin and Batgirl costumes to most of her Spoiler costumes, but I think sheā€™s gorgeous in all three (or four, if you count her n52 Spoiler costume as different, which is fair, as it has a lot of new design elements).

Steph as Robin does have a great little Heroclix, but thatā€™s it. Hereā€™s mine!

I am really curious about what you liked about Steph as Robin better than Steph as Batgirl - I like both equally, but think her storyline as Batgirl was, obviously, more substantial. (I think that Batgirl figure, apart from being 80-200 dollars wherever I look for it, is a bit frustrating because it has her leaning on one hip, which makes it less fun for posing).

I bought two of her Spoilers! One from ebay to make sure I got it (at about 15 bucks extra), and then one at Walmart when I found a clump of them, clearly just shelved that day. I sometimes wish I had three, butā€¦what do I really need three for? :slight_smile: I would never say no to a nice Imaginext Spoiler, Robin, or Batgirl, though!

4 Likes

Oh Iā€™m in for anything Steph. Sheā€™s fine in any outfit. That was just my observationā€¦

4 Likes

Hey @BirdsofPrey! :birds_of_prey_club_oracle:
Come by to cast your vote and show your support for some characters and creators, when you get a chance:

And icymi: THIS!! :star_struck:

9 Likes

Ty Razzz!!! Iā€™ll check it out right now.

3 Likes

& ā€¦done lol. Those polls were awesome!!!

3 Likes

Awesome! Glad you enjoyed it! :purple_heart: There will be more things just like it! :eyes:

3 Likes

:joy::joy::rofl::rofl::ok_hand: right on!!!

3 Likes

That Titans trailer! chefā€™s kiss

4 Likes

Hey @BirdsofPrey! Come check out this quiz if you get a chance! It was put together by some of the clubs (like this one). Test your knowledge, or feel free to guess for the fun of it! :nerd_face::purple_heart: :birds_of_prey_club_oracle:

And now heres this :coffee: :00_black_canary:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbr.com/green-arrow-black-canary-deathstroke-defeat/amp/

7 Likes

Black Canary:

That does remind me though of the time when they were partners in the military group Team 7.

And how sheā€™ll apparently be teaming up with him in the upcoming Deathstroke Inc. book.

And just because, hereā€™s Adam Hughes variant for that book which is just :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Wait, what? googlegooglegoogleemailLCS Neat!
That Batsilhouette has a mildly Blackhawkish vibe to meā€¦ Iā€™m sure itā€™s nothing, but it would be a fun as hell reference to link T.R.U.S.T. to the Blackhawks.

4 Likes

I loved her (Canary) in team 7. Some of my favorite panels of her are from that series. Thereā€™s not a ton of her in it, but a lot of those Dinahs ended up on my Just Gorgeous thread. Love the way she looks in that series.

Love that lookā€¦

5 Likes

It should not come as a surprise to anyone familiar with Dinah or her time with BOP that she is indeed one of the top tier DCU characters in regards to unbridled toughness and her legendary prowess in a plethora of hand to hand combat disciplines.

Dinah has either mastered or come very close to mastering many martial arts styles and also taught martial arts for a number of years. She has a long list of mentors and teachers including Wildcat and Lady Shiva

In fact, sheā€™s considered by a number of characters in the DCU as being on par with Shiva.

An example of how tough this super awesome woman is can be found in Black Canary And Green Arrow #2. When Dinah and Mia arrive on Themiscyra a member of the Royal welcoming entourage, Alcinoe, talks trash about Mia. Dinah wasnā€™t having it, so hereā€™s how that went:

(Iā€™ve edited some of the other panels of this scene out in order to highlight the main points)

During this exchange, Dinah was more than ready to cut her way through the Themisctrian warrior compliment that was there on the dock if need be as well. Yep.

When it comes to listing the toughest non-metas in the DCU my roster goes:

Bā€™Man
Lady Shiva
Dinah
Cassandra

Speaking frankly Iā€™m not surprised that D took down Deathstroke. I know she had help but she really didnā€™t need it.

This is not an Azz Kikr:

AK

This is:

#DinahAintNuthinToMessWith :00_birds_of_prey: :00_black_canary: :00_batgirl1: :00_huntress1:

6 Likes

The New 52 Team 7ā€¦:+1:t2:. Offhand, thatā€™s likely my favorite New 52 wave 3 title. Largely due to it being a WildStorm propertyā€™s debut in the DCU, but also due to it just being a fun series.

Adam Hughes coversā€¦ :star_struck:

Iā€™m tempted to post Hughesā€™ variant to Power Girl (2009) #1, but itā€™s not BOP-related.

ā€¦even though Karen briefly was a Bird in the early '00sā€¦

5 Likes

This just in ā€“ Nightwing artist Bruno Redondo just posted a new redesign for Barbara Gordon as Batgirl and I personally freaking love it.

6 Likes

Holy wow! Sweet!

Calling our lovely @DC89! :purple_heart:

4 Likes

I really dig it (thx for the page Mighty @Mae :purple_heart:). I like itā€™s darker overall tone I especially dig the memory fabric cape. Lotā€™s of well thought out upgrades as well. Thx for posting this @Jay_Kay. :+1:

Now, if we can just get my gurrrlll released from Batman Assistant duty and back into the mantle that she was destined to wear full time, welp, then everything will be right with the world again. :neutral_face: :00_batgirl: :0_batgirl: :00_batgirl1:

6 Likes