Birds of Prey

I don’t like her having a super power, but it sounds like it could be temporary, which could be okay.

5 Likes

:thinking: I dont know how I feel about this. I’ll certainly give it shot, of course. :00_huntress2: I :purple_heart: her.

4 Likes

Hey @BirdsofPrey! Got some brand new reading for ya—continuing our spotlight on :00_huntress1: Join us! :books: :coffee: :purple_heart:

Also, if you’re interested in more info and/or testing your Crossbow Killer Huntress knowledge, stop by this awesome DC History Club thread right​:point_down:here.

9 Likes

Cry For Blood is one of my favorite evers. So good!!!

5 Likes

I’m down with it. Reminds me of an issue I just read in The Batman Chronicles. Blind guy had a power where if he touched u or u touched him. He could see everything u were seeing thru your eyes. I thought it was a cool idea & a cool power?

5 Likes

Oh, that was Legends of the Dark Knight, which we actually covered over at WOB a couple of months ago. Pretty good stories, written by Dwayne McDuffie.

5 Likes

That’s right. I remember being super excited when I saw his name at the beginning. Yeah, that was a quality read for sure. Went thru the whole roller coaster of emotions.

4 Likes

Rad! I read Cry for Blood when it came out, so a re-read will be fun and fresh (funky too? Mebs).

pulls out a couple Huntress action figures

For emphasis’ sake as I read. :superman_hv_4:

5 Likes

AS WE ALL SHOULD! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Dear birdwatchers! Both professional (club members) and amateurs (future members)! Secret DCUI leaks have been gathered in a time-sensitive archive HERE, something to do with Earth Day. Apparently encrypted so only BOP members can access this restricted area. :birds_of_prey_club_oracle:

6 Likes

DCSHG WAL is back next week for the last few episodes! Before the super shorts begin!! :batparrot::purple_heart: Hope to see you there!

4 Likes

Hey everyone, just a reminder there is a Huntress backstory in Detective Comics 1035 and it was really good. I can’t wait for the next issue to read the conclusion!

4 Likes

Really liked it! I’m excited to see where this goes. This Huntress is sort of similar to where Huntress was at the beginning of Simone’s run - lonely, loyal, fierce, cold outside, warm inside, can’t figure out how to balance those temperatures. And the art by Clayton Henry was gorgeous!

4 Likes

I sort of got that vibe as well, even if she says she is only okay in teams.

4 Likes

Well, continuity is continuity, and honestly, even back before the n52, Huntress’s characterization would go from “good team player” to “horrible team player” depending on the writer.

4 Likes

Greetings @BirdsofPrey! We have new books to read! :boom:

AND!! Got a little activity planned this week :full_moon_with_face: Keep your eyes peeled. See ya soon. :purple_heart:

10 Likes

@BirdsofPrey alert! Get your shorts on!

:hugs:

7 Likes

I’m more of a blue jeans guy, so can I still attend?

smooths out abhorrent wrinkle in jeans

5 Likes

For all we know you might be WALing in comfy Batgirl PJs, who’s to know? :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

Well, now I want to do that. Got any recs on comfy Batgirl PJs?

is still trying to smooth out that damn wrinkle in his Wranglers

I bet Batgirl PJs don’t have that problem…

Truth be told, I could go for some adult-sized DCSHG PJs. I wonder if such a product exists…:thinking:

remembers the Golden Age DC PJs he used to have

Now, there was a comfy set of PJs. Mmmhmm.

4 Likes