Birds of Prey: The Complete Chronology

This is cool. Tagging for future reference.

4 Likes

Wow, 1999 addedā€¦ A whopping 121 issues listedā€¦ The first 12 issues of the first ongoing Birds of Prey series, all amidst No Manā€™s Land, of course. And of course Iā€™m sure the placement of the issues tying into No Manā€™s Land are out of order so if anyone would like to help with that, please do so! Thanks!

5 Likes

Each year it seems to be more and more! Just added the year 2000 (remember Y2K, millennials?) with 131 issues! So much! But so fun!

6 Likes

Oh hi, just added 2001 and another 126 issues. Doing my thingā€¦

One thing to keep in mind is that this is mostly appearances excluding any Elseworlds or other versions of these characters, such as the DCAU Barbara Gordon. Iā€™ll go back and add those issues too later, once I find figure out all the different versions first!

4 Likes

Sorry I have been slackingā€¦ but 2002 has now been added to the wiki!

3 Likes

First of all: awesome work with this. Iā€™ve been wanting to read more BoP, but I sometimes get lost looking for specific issues and appearances. This is definitely useful.

I do have one thing to ask, however. Why wasnā€™t Helena B. added to the Harley Quinn and Birds of Prey movie? I see you have DL but no HB. I would add it myself, and it seems simple to edit, but Iā€™ve never edited anything here before. Knowing myself, Iā€™ll probably mess something up. :neutral_face: :upside_down_face:

Again though: awesome work.

4 Likes

Thanks for the kind words, and the non-comics stuff was actually added by @D4RK5TARZ and I havenā€™t gone over that in detail just yet, been focusing on the comics themselves. Iā€™ll fix that up right now, but yes, editing wikis is actually kinda simple, itā€™s pretty much just text with some basic formatting stuff. Also, if you do mess up, and I doubt you will, itā€™s easy enough to get back to the previous version. So no worries! If you see something is off or missing, go right ahead!

4 Likes

Long story short, I was basing everything per character. So there are video games or other movies/tv series that HB would be included in that I never finished. I do have complete intentions of coming back to fix these small things but lately work has kicking my butt and I havenā€™t wanted to sit in front of a computer screen.

4 Likes

Well, you and everyone else editing this are certainly heroes here because itā€™s nice to find things so orderly. Take your time and I may try adding something in the future.

Also, @D4RK5TARZ, I completely understand. Itā€™s just something that caught my eye, but feel free to take a break from the computer screen. We all need it sometimes, especially with working from home.

Stay safe, everyone!

4 Likes

I would actually love it so much if more people jumped in and started adding to this wiki (or started other similar projects for other characters)! Iā€™m sure Iā€™m missing lots of issues (I know for instance, there is no DCAU comics here - yet!.. stuff like that).

4 Likes

Ok, @Mae. Iā€™m going to take a shot at this.
ā€¦youā€™ve been warned :wink:
Jk Iā€™m actually quite good at researchā€”itā€™s the editing on this board where Iā€™m not so great.
Also, what other characters do you have in mind?

5 Likes

Oh wow, thanks! If you wanna come on board with this, Iā€™ll be happy to share some of what I learned while building this thing, itā€™s really not too involved at all. Or for other characters, I mean, all of them? My hope is that others take this format or adjust it if they see fit and apply it to their favorite characters. Because of my stupid nerd brain, I need things chronologically. ā€œCanonā€ chronology doesnā€™t excite me all that much. So this was a way I could see following the adventures of these characters as these comics would have been printed in real-world terms. I dunno, I hope that makes sense! And I hope you can put on your research hat or another type of head gear you prefer more, or maybe no covering at all, and start an Ivy wiki or something! I would love that, to be able to easily read all of her appearances from a single page? That would be marvelous!

4 Likes

@Mae I AM on a bit of a quest for justice for Ivy lately :wink: , so Iā€™ve been thinking about it, Iā€™ve just never done anything like that here. Iā€™m a lurker mostly :ghost: so Iā€™m not really even sure where to start!?
But this looks like a good place to get in gear.
In short: Iā€™d be happy to help in whatever way I can! :purple_heart:

4 Likes

@Mae! Hello again :wave:. I meant to ask you about your resources. I called my watcher, Gilesā€”I mean my librarian friend (Iā€™m totally the Buffy in that relationship lol), and she had a whole mess of options. What do database do you use?

3 Likes

Hey hey! God is there like an actual database? Or databases? I was only really relying on what the Google was giving me. So when I first started this project, I was using this website ComicBookDB but then it was taken offline. Most of it remains in the Internet Archive though, so mainly I have been using that. Plus checking things also with the DC Wiki. Those are probably my two main sources.

3 Likes

@Mae I usually just do searches on NoveList Plus (&Google) , but she listed off a bunch of literary reference sites for fiction &non fiction. might be a touch too involved, so I figured Iā€™d see what you like to use. Thanks! :grin:

5 Likes

Yeah check it out and see if it can be helpful for something like this. I really hope you can do that Ivy chronology, that would really be amazing! I picked ComicBookDB because it was really the only place I was able to find that listed (most) appearances by a character issue by issue and moth by month, so it was super helpful.

3 Likes

Sorry friends, I know I havenā€™t updated this in a while, just life stuff, you know. But I did see this fun little video that I thought would be appropriate to share with other BOP enthusiasts:

5 Likes

@Mae I love Casually Comics!! Such a great channel.

4 Likes

I know, sheā€™s awesome and I have been binge-watching a bunch of these videos. SO GOOD!

3 Likes