Birds of Prey set news

Roxy Striar on DC Movie Talk is reporting that a carnival set is being built for BoP. Got any speculations?

1 Like

The cast is being rewarded for a job well done and asked for an on-set carnival as a reward?

Seriously, IDK. I bet Harley will have something to do with it though.

1 Like

Could be a Coney Island scene for Harley…

2 Likes

If that’s the case, I hope her beaver gets some screen time.

…the one from the comics that she hangs out with! Geesh, get your minds out of the gutter folks =)

5 Likes

I aldo bet its a Coney Island/ Harley thing.

I think you guys mean “Amusement Mile”. I’m just wondering if Joker will be around, or maybe the “freaks” from Killing Joke.

No, I am not into speculating about this news. I really do not know much about what is planned, where this show will air, or when. I am hoping it will be here on DC Universe, but I have not heard much about this yet.

I did somewhat like first Birds of Pray TV show back when it aired. Thought one of the artificial aspects of the show is that there could be no duplicate metahuman powers. I mean, like, is there a sentient metabeing that controls such things, doling out only different powers for individuals? While to me, it makes much more sense that metahuman powers are completely random based on genes, chance, and circumstances. That would make repeat abilities rare, but not impossible.

I found the story overall interesting and liked the cast though. I thought it should have continued as a series, so am looking forward to a new Birds of Prey show.

MACJR

I’m surprised you liked the show given how much you like things being like comics or at least ones you grew up reading

1 Like

@MACJR it’s a movie coming to theaters starring Margot Robbie returning as Harley Quinn, Jurnee Smollett-Bell as Black Canary, Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Huntress, and Ewan McGregor as Black Mask. Batgirl/Oracle/Barbara Gordon isnt involved. If it comes to this app it wont be for years. It is said to be rated R and is described as “darkly humorous”.

1 Like

I am not against all change. Some change is very good. Some change just seems unnecessary to me though, just done so that someone can play with this character this way and that, just to put their own spin on a character, story, or chronology, that did not need changed. In those instances, yes, I might groan and complain. Good changes are sometimes delightful though. If the story is strong enough, and good enough, it will win me over.

Also, I do love Elseworld tales. If it does not fit in with an established history of a comic, even if it does not say so in a new vision, or remake, of a comic book story, if it does not fit in with the establish continuity, I just mentally move it into an esleworld. I have to do that a lot for Star Trek movies and TV shows in recent times.

And to @Zombedy, thanks for the info. I had not yet bothered to do the research on this. This new version of Birds of Prey will probably get on my watch list sooner or later.

MACJR

1 Like

Maybe like a flashback/hallucination/dream sequence for Harley? I don’t know.
I’ve gotta say, though, I’m not really looking forward to this movie. I love the Birds of Prey, but this seems like it’s turning into a Harley movie when she wasn’t even on any version of the team. I feel like they should be doing Gotham City Sirens and have Batgirl at the center of this.

2 Likes