Birds of Prey | Book Club Wks: 27–30 | TEAM ORIGINS | Series Read, Pt 1: Birds of Prey 1-11

Welcome, everyone, to a special edition of Origins & Team ups! We’ve worked our way here—it’s time to begin our Birds of Prey series read through! :tada:

We’ll be reading two arcs at a time, and continuing w/ Spotlights & Origins as our intermissions until we reach the end—now let’s go commit some espionage and fight crime w/ our very own dynamic duo: :00_black_canary: :birds_of_prey_club_oracle:…and watch the government try to figure out who Oracle is- lol, she’s smarter than you, :smirk: so goodluck w/ that.

PART ONE: Birds of Prey (1999) 1-11

This activity will be running ALL month long!

We’ll take the first two weeks (7/5-7/18) to read, then discuss during weeks 3 & 4 (7/19-8/1). Did you enjoy it? Have you read it before? What did you think of the dialogue and artwork? Anything about the reading you’d like to discuss—drop your thoughts below when you’re ready. :purple_heart: See ya soon!

:birds_of_prey_club_oracle: You can join or learn more about Birds of Prey HERE

11 Likes

:00_birds_of_prey: Supplemental reading/info, for any newcomers:

If you’re looking for more Birds, you’re in luck—there’s a wiki for that! Come check this out :dc:

Not sure who the Birds of Prey are? Here’s a quick crash course! :nerd_face: :purple_heart:

9 Likes
4 Likes

this’ll be my first time reading it!

6 Likes

:eyes: @biff_pow I’m extra excited for you to join us for this then! :purple_heart: Welcome!

4 Likes

thank you!

4 Likes

Stop by whenever you’re ready! :raised_hands:

4 Likes

I’ll try to join in! I’ve never read it either.

6 Likes

I have been meaning to give these a read. It will be great reading them with the group!

6 Likes

Neat! Of the issues here, the only one I have read before is issue 8, aka the one that every Dick/Babs shipper has read, so it should be interesting to see how this holds up.

I’ve already started to read a little bit and so far my reaction has been: Oh, Jason Bard! …Jason, no! …Yay, Jason! …Jason NOOOO!

6 Likes

I mean…you had me at “Breaking Hearts and Faces Monthly.”

:joy: :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Number One BOP comics stan is here for all of it!

Yep.

:00_birds_of_prey:

5 Likes

What I immediately think of when I see “cool as the other side of the pillow:”

4 Likes

I hope not to be disruptive, since I don’t know how to book club, and this is from extracurricular reading (Black Canary/Oracle: Birds of Prey), but I just need to express how much I love this guy’s reaction to being kicked by Black Canary

6 Likes

@Angel212 I had a similar reaction the first time I saw it! :laughing:

Breaking Hearts and Faces??

Ps. I have something for you, btw. :eyes: :books: Going to drop it off as soon as I’m back!

5 Likes

Jk Never worry about that here @biff_pow. Whenever you’re ready or feel like talkin—go for it. :purple_heart:

5 Likes

It’s a great tagline. (Bonus points for the Gal gif lol).

Ooh, okay! I’m excited! :grin: Even though I have a feeling this means I’m about to get even further behind in my reading. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

It’s a totally appropriate reaction to being kicked by Black Canary. Other acceptable reactions are “oh yeah!” and “thank you!”

7 Likes

Did Barbara really take a break to answer an email while Dinah was actively being captured???

6 Likes

@Angel212 Unfortunately, yes! :laughing: That’s exactly what it means! Many of us are in that same situation, so: Welcome! :hugs:

Multitasking is easy when you’ve got the burly brain muscles. :birds_of_prey_club_oracle:

5 Likes