Birds of Prey | Book Club | Team Up: Series Read Pt6

Hey there, everybody! We are back with another installment of our :00_birds_of_prey: Birds of Prey series read, only this round is extra special! Both Gail Simone and the Crossbow Killer Huntress have arrived…

:00_birds_of_prey: Part Six: Issues #56-68:

:yellow_circle: For Ultra members we have this omnibus available in the library collecting issues #56-67!

Also, if you’re new to our Series Read (hiya! :wave:), it is never too late to jump on the bandwagon of the greatest team of badass ladies! :muscle: You can catch up with our previous parts :arrow_right: HERE.

:books: This activity will be running all month long!

You know the drill: We’ll take the first 2 weeks (5/1 - 5/15) to read, then discuss during the last 2 weeks (5/16 - 5/31). Did you enjoy it? Have you read it before? What did you think of the dialogue, plot or artwork? Anything about the reading you’d like to discuss—drop your thoughts below when you’re ready. :purple_heart: See ya soon!

:birds_of_prey_club_oracle: You can join or learn more about Birds of Prey HERE.

7 Likes

:00_huntress2: First, here’s some Huntress… :full_moon_with_face: Hey Huntress.

IMG_4867

Now books :books: Jump in whenever you like. Don’t be shy. You are never too late.

7 Likes

This is the start of the BEST run ever! I have that omni in hard copy - and all the other Gail Simone ones. Quite salty there’s a big gap in the middle of her run that’s still not collected. What’s up with that, DC?

4 Likes

Very excited for this to kick off and have everyone’s thoughts!

3 Likes

Yes yes yes yes!

2 Likes

So looking forward to this! While I’ve liked the Chuck Dixon run well enough (and do plan on catching up on it for the club in the near future), I feel like Gail Simone is the one who turned the book from an interesting little team-up book to the iconic team we know and love today.

4 Likes

Same! I really dig three of the arcs/issues from Dixon’s BOP, but Simone’s BOP is not only one of the very first runs I fell head over heels in love with, but it remains one of the best ever!

4 Likes