Birds of Prey | Book Club | Spotlight: Batwoman

Hi there, intrepid bird-watchers! We have another special book club selection this month as we celebrate :00_dc_pride: Pride Month with another BOP-adjacent hero! :00_batwoman: You all know her name…

Everyone here probably knows and loves the groundbreaking “Elegy” storyline, so this time, we’ll cover Kate Kane’s other great epic, starting with :ocean: “Hydrology” and going into its second arc, “To Drown the World”.

If you’d like, feel free to continue the journey (& discussion) with our sister club The Wonder Squadron :wondersquadron2: w/ “World’s Finest” :point_right: HERE.

BONUS: It wouldn’t be DC without multiple versions of a character, so you’re also invited to meet :00_batwoman: Ryan Wilder!

This activity will be running all month long! (6/6 - 7/3)

Reading begins: June 6

Discussion begins: As soon as you like! We just ask that you please try to blur spoilers. Did you enjoy it? Have you read it before? What did you think of the dialogue, plot or artwork? Anything at all about the reading you’d like to discuss—drop your thoughts below when you’re ready. :purple_heart: See ya soon!

:birds_of_prey_club_oracle: You can join or learn more about Birds of Prey HERE

8 Likes

6 Likes

I really enjoyed these issues! It was great to get to know Kate better after having read Elegy. Continuing my belief that “no villains are more disturbing than Gotham villains” - I don’t know what urban legend that hook guy is from and I don’t think I want to know. Neat concept about these things being brought to life by belief though. (I suffer from nightmares a lot so that would be…the absolute worst for me. :see_no_evil:)

The full page spreads in these issues are amazing. Here’s one I saved, but there are a lot of examples like this:

Love this image also. Kate has the best cape game, hands down.

Final comment on this half of the story - Kate and Maggie are adorable. That is all. :heart:

4 Likes

They’re pretty special, right? The artwork is just beyond gorgeous, and that shade of crimson is one of my all-time favorite colors! :00_batwoman:

2 Likes

The artwork and variants are what stand out in my memory the most from this. :star_struck:

And yes. Gotham will always win the twisted villains award. :trophy:

Okay, I’m going to check out Ryan’s debut finally! :00_batwoman:

3 Likes