Birds of Prey | Book Club 1 YR | SPOTLIGHTS | Black Canary/Huntress/Batgirl

Hey there, everybody! In addition to being the holiday season, this month marks the 1 Year Anniversary for our fair Birds of Prey club, so to celebrate, we’ve got a grab bag of team-ups and other shenanigans w/ our favorite ladies! :tada: :batparrot:

First up, also celebrating her birthday this month, our very favorite relentless and cunning (w/ absolutely NO rage issues whatsoever) crossbow killer: Huntress

Next is our :face_with_monocle: elder stateswoman, the spirited and direct super spy w/ a mean kick that you definitely do not want to make cry: Black Canary

And, once again, closing with our #1 Closer, and intrepid leader: :00_batgirl1: Barbara (I’ma do it anyway & Ps. I know all your secrets) Gordon

:books: This activity will be running ALL month long!

We’ll take the first two weeks (12/6 -12/19) to read, then discuss during weeks 3 & 4 (12/20 -1/2). Did you enjoy them? Have you read them before? What did you think of the dialogue or artwork? Anything about the reading (or characters) you’d like to discuss—drop your thoughts below when you’re ready. :purple_heart: See ya soon!

:birds_of_prey_club_oracle: You can join or learn more about Birds of Prey HERE

10 Likes

Ps. We get MORE Batgirls this month! New series out 12/14!! :purple_heart: (Hey Steph. Hey Cass. Hey Babs. :hugs:)
(These are a couple of variant covers. Stop by my thread :arrow_right: HERE if you like variants too :star_struck:)

I’m really diggin’ the new logo, btw…

https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/comic/5993752/batgirls-1?variant=4695479

You can come talk about it :point_down: here as well…

:point_up: AND! :renegade_robins: Renegade Robins has more Stephanie Brown this month! :raised_hands:

:00_huntress1: Our resident historians at :dc_history_club: DC History Club did a deep dive on Huntress—come check it out!

10 Likes

A heartwarming post! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Thanks @millernumber1! And thanks for coming by! :purple_heart:

Btw…I preordered :eyes: This’ll be me:

9 Likes

I can’t wait for the issue to come out, and we all get to read and talk about it! I went back to the last time we got a #1, when I was a reviewer for the title, and I did a whole analysis of all the Batgirl #1s (plus the first issue of Burnside), to try to determine where the Hope Larson run would go - I was wrong, but hopefully I’ll be able to take that history and be better at predicting this run!

6 Likes

Same! Speculating is definitely fun, but I sometimes find I set myself up for disappointment if I go too far, :laughing: so I try to keep it under control. I’ll see you there @millernumber1. :purple_heart:

4 Likes

Happy 1 year anniversary to the Birds Of Prey Club! :partying_face::cake::tada::confetti_ball:
My favorite thing about the Birds Of Prey was the TV series that sadly lasted for 13 episodes, it was way ahead of it’s time. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

It had the best Barbara Gordon

A good Alfred

An intriguing take on Harley Quinn

The actress who played the younger Black Canary is now Alice on Batwoman

6 Likes

That was her? Man she’s a good actress!:slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

She’s awesome as Alice.

Also hey @Lincolnfan78! :hugs: Thanks for coming by!

7 Likes

I loved that show, too!

5 Likes

Fantastic. I missed this entire thread. I feel like an idiot now. :face_with_spiral_eyes: :unamused: Need to rework my DCUI alerts.

4 Likes