Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn)

So what’s your guys thoughts on the first trailer?

On the one hand, I’m a bit put off by the fact that the trailer was all about Harley Quinn and barely featured the title characters at all. Also, I still want to see Black Mask wearing his namesake accessory. On the other hand, it looks like a fun, enjoyable movie nevertheless.

1 Like

I was hoping to see canary and huntress in their comic accurate costumes. I also would have liked to see black mask in his full get up. maybe we will see him get the mask burned on his face in the film

I want to like it, and will give it a chance. But that trailer has me underwhelmed.

3 Likes

Love it. Looks fun, mean, and different.

4 Likes

Looks pretty cheesy.

I wasn’t a huge fan of this version of Harley in Suicide Squad, but this film looks pretty stylized and is being made by someone new. So I’m more than willing to give it a chance, especially since I love the cast.

Wosh it showed of more of the other characters, but Margot Robbie is a delight as Harley and is more passionate about the character than many comic roles in the DCEU or MCU.

Though I still feel like we don’t know enough about the movie.

Btw that last joke was cartoonishly funny.

1 Like

The trailer doesn’t quite work, but it also doesn’t make me feel that there will be anything wrong with the movie. Some films just don’t make for good trailers.

5 Likes

@AlexamderKnox; I agree; it didn’t work for me either, but it is only a trailer. I remember the movie Ultraviolent had a great trailer, unfortunately every good scene in the movie was in the trailer. Here it just seem to stay focused on Harley (which was okay) and just jumped around. I am still planning on seeing the movie; I just hope future trailers do a better job.

1 Like

Suicide Squad had great trailers then ended up pretty disliked, maybe this will be the opposite.

3 Likes

I found the trailer thoroughly entertaining, myself. :slight_smile: I thought the energy was contagious, which is what I like to see whenever Harley is on screen. She is such an energetic, charismatic character and they caught that really well.

4 Likes

It does not give me much faith in their interpretation of Cassandra Cain.

1 Like

The trailer feels extremely messy to me. In fact, I watched a series of trailers tonight for movies I was anticipating and I wonder if this means:

A. Random coincidence

B. I’m too tired to appreciate anything right now

C. I’m too old to understand what the cool kids like these days

Anyway, it felt like it had been edited by Harley Quinn constantly flipping from scene to scene with little rhyme or reason. No characters other than Harley were featured. The villain is almost introduced and then kind of cut away from before we could get a feel for him. It was an extremely weird take.

Also, I got the feeling that the editor was trying to give it an almost Indy movie vibe kind of like Joker but the movie itself is much more commercialized, but that’s me reading a lot into a little.

1 Like

Crap. Left our part of my sentence. I meant to say I watched a series of trailers for movies I had been anticipating and found them all underwhelming.

I saw it and it looked awesome. I definitely think this movie will be the origin of how Black Mask gets the mask. I enjoy seeing Bud and Lou get some there big screen debut. Definitely some stuff I’m a bit iffy about but it still going to great.

I do feel there going to be a musical number in here at some point.

1 Like

How did it compare to the Downton Abbey trailer? Downton Abbey looks to have all the action which is missing from Harley Quinn…

…which is none.

They lost me at Hatley Quinn. She comes off as a more annoying Deadpool.