Birds of Prey (2020)

So, the new teaser attached to It: Chapter Two has leaked online. You can find it. It’s like 30 seconds. But WB is saying they won’t release it officially online so if you;re not going to see It 2, you won’t see it. Seems weird. Why wouldn’t they officially post it on their YouTube channel like every other teaser or trailer?

I liked it, but it was very quick, there were maybe like three seconds of actual movie content.

3 Likes

WB will release it online officially, sooner or later. Theoretically, they may have said they wouldn’t as a means to prop up It.

The ol’ “Can’t see that unless you see this.” marketing tactic.

2 Likes

At least they’re attaching it to a movie folks want to see. Back in 2000 many tickets were bought for Meet Joe Black just so people could see the first Star Wars prequel trailer.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t worry about it too much. It’s only 30 seconds. Joker right now has the spotlight and I don’t think they want to take that away when it’s a month from release.

2 Likes

@mrmiracle I saw the first Harry Potter movie because my brother had seen it, looked at me, and said “Batman”. I figured there was a Bat movie trailer, so I figured what the hey.
As the camera moved through a dark and empty mansion, this seemed to be what my brother was talking about. But it was about the point when we see a shadowed, pointy-eared figure and Don Lafontaine spoke about a hero being called to “save the world”, I immediately realized, “world? This isn’t Batman! I’ve been had!”
Friggin’ Scooby-Doo, man.

As for BoP, if the teaser is anything like (or an extension of) those bits where Harley is strutting around and we get brief close-ups of some of the other characters, then I imagine it’ll just foment speculation without giving much. I could be wrong, but I doubt they’d give too much away. Save it for later this year with a 2-3 minute trailer. Usually I avoid those, but I might end up making an exception, since this isn’t one of those “been waiting years” level of anticipation for me.

2 Likes