Bill Maher

He’s always been a sad, pathetic political hack. Now he’s just trolling for attention because John Oliver is stealing his spotlight.

1 Like

@foodini He’s doing it with comics because he wants to leech off the popularity of others’ works, but is too neurologically stunted to bother with research or context. In some ways, it’s not all that different from when he whimpers about religion. Anyone else read when he whined that Pope Francis was getting “too much attention”? Apparently HuffPo thought that was newsworthy.

He’s not just a bully, he’s also a sociopath, but one that continues to have a forum for his bile. If the comic-reading community just ignores him, he’s got other demographics that remain loyal, and I find that depressingly infuriating.

1 Like

I’ve been a Bill Maher fan since he was in House, an 80’s horror movie. Followed him thru his career. Watched every episode of politically incorrect & real time. I just watched the episode last night. I couldn’t believe he took shots @ any adult that loves comics. Very unfair & ugly comments on Kevin Smith dressing like a kid. I don’t deal in politics period. Real time & John Stewart’s Daily Show, were the only political shows I ever watched. Just b/c they didn’t deliver political ideas in a cult-like format. Completely unnecessary to deliver low blows on all comic fans. I’ve always liked him cuz he said what he wanted to say, regardless of the consequences. However, to weigh in & bash all comic book fans, across the board, when u know nothing about them, is as childish as he views us. Social Media gets people wrapped up, & they think they have to take sides. Poor decision making is bound to happen. Sad that he felt he needed to have a tantrum to make a hurtful point. He lost 40,000 Twitter fans & lashed out like he didn’t care. I think it’s obvious that he did, to say what he said.

4 Likes

I’ll be watching GOT this year

I’ve been a Bill Maher fan for years. I’ll continue to be a fan. He’s entitled to his own (comedic) opinion just as everyone else is. I can watch his show, laugh at his jokes, and still think comics are great.

I’m secure enough with my interest to not be offended when someone else doesn’t like them.

1 Like

@OldManJonah Don’t you think shortly after Stan Lee’s death is an inappropriate time to voice your comedic opinions?

1 Like

I enjoy bill but that was completely unnecessary to insult a diverse set of people based on their interests. I collect video games and read comics so in his eyes I’m sure I’m even more of a degenerate manchild but that isn’t going to stop me from enjoying either.

“Why would you look down on me? I NEVER wanna act my age!”

4 Likes

@oldmanjonah

Well put, I too am a fan of Bill’s and a adult fan of comics

Then why did he make a small tv cameo in iron man 3 then

1 Like

@The_batman2018.68433
$$$$