Biggest Plothole People Don't Think about When Having a Secret Identity!

My biggest question has always been how you can adopt a child that you just found. One with unusual biology. How many unaccounted for children can there be?

Just watched Shazam. It seems like the holes in the ceiling might tip people off that something screwy is happening.

On the flip side, Shazam showed that people were blinded during the change for a second making it more plausible they wouldn’t understand what happened. Thought that was a cute insight I hadn’t seen in comics though maybe that’s been established. I haven’t read a ton of Captain Marvel.

I’m pretty sure Iron Man has alternated between secret identity and open superhero, but I’m very limited on my Stark knowledge. I couldn’t tell you what the norm is or his current status.

The Fantastic Four were the first superheroes to have public identities.

And they lived in New York City.

If your civilian identity is used in a hostage situation, handcuffed and everything, and you don’t have a sidekick, you can’t save anyone without compromising your identity (as long as you don’t have super speed and you’re not Batman).

The main one for me is when the heroes still have people that they are known to be close to. So those people still end up in danger anyway.

1 Like