BigBlock - Zatanna- Work In Progress

Not being a perv. But Z is kinda known for long legs, & well, I don’t wanna get u into trouble. But, if that’s for me at an art show. I’m telling the guy- where’s the chest? She’s literally drawn that way (pretty much) every time?

Comic Book Art. Not fan art.

6 Likes

Now THOSE are Real Art.
Man, beautiful

4 Likes

To play devils advocate-

bb838f6a32e1536f66db76a6a2dc4e88

Character characteristics will always be subject to artist interpretation. Like the size of Superman’s muscles, or how big the Jokers teeth are.

6 Likes

Now that’s the way I have always pictured Zatanna. In my mind she’s built more like Cyd Charisse than Jayne Mansfield. Of course, there’s nothing wrong with Miss Mansfield and I know others might see Zatanna differently.

5 Likes

Same- I watched a lot of wrestling growing up (and still do), so I always pictured Stacy Kiebler.

5 Likes

Yes, give Stacy Kiebler dark hair and she’d look like Zatanna to me!

5 Likes

Well, it’s for me in exchange for a gift. So, if I’m putting it on my wall in exchange for gifts from me? I want it my way. Fair? plus I was asked if I wanted them bigger in a DM between us. So, I was just playing the part of the perv so I didn’t get him in trouble. Again, with all the facts…fair? @TheTerrificToyman & @mercurie80 .?

5 Likes

5 Likes

:sunglasses: cool. I took the bullet cuz I didn’t wanna say make em bigger, & get him into trouble. @TheTerrificToyman I understand why. I would stick up for someone too, if I didn’t have all the background info to put it into context. But, trust me. I’d never critique someone like that 𝐮𝐧𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬, I was asked by that person directly, if I wanted any changes. I was literally just showing off all your work yesterday to my friends. All the action figures u make. I would do the same, if not given any context about what was happening. I would kick my own @$$ if I just said that for no reason, when someone went thru all that hard work for me. Trust me. There’s always things in the background if I post something like that.

5 Likes

Ty @TheTerrificToyman. I’d never say that sit if it was just someone doing me a favor, & I wasn’t asked if I wanted it changed in an exchange. I would do the same as u did. I skipped over a ton like the ones u posted. Just, so he wouldn’t get in trouble, for me to have it the way I’d draw it, if I could draw at all. The 1st draft was perfect for me. But, if someone asks if I want em bigger, that’s an affirmative.

5 Likes

Yeah it’s all in the artist’s rendition I guess. Not that I would even remotely refer to myself as any kind of artist.
I prefer my Zatanna a little more … “pronounced “ so to say​:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

But that’s what we all love about comics. People love their own different versions.

I wanted to draw her like that, because that’s how I always pictured Zatanna, and because I knew @capo-mage does too.
:sunglasses::+1:

So I was just trying to do a decent job.

Love all you guys and thanks for the comments and critiques.

I just started drawing Bane……, and I have a feeling that I’m probably gonna pi$$ some people off, because of the picture I have in my head, it may raise some feathers……
But, I’m just gonna post it and run and hide. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

7 Likes

These are my favorite Z’s only one semi-big chested. Avatars I use are always one of these.

6 Likes

It was perfect right away. But, if u give me the option of increasing? It’s a yes :raised_hands: every time lol.

My baby. :green_heart::heart::it:

6 Likes

Awesome work!

3 Likes