BigBlock - Booster Gold - WIP

Ok Fam, here is my attempt at Booster Gold.

I just imagined him giving himself a hero celebration!

:rofl:

18 Likes

This might be my favorite piece of yours yet (which is saying something, because I’ve loved them all)! It really does a great job of capturing Booster’s personality. And I love all the colors, and how well they all fit together. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

So shiny

9 Likes

Great job dude. :smiley:

10 Likes

Very nice! You’ve been drawing so much lately. Do you find you are learning things with every piece you do?

10 Likes

its amazing… it incredible…

WHY DO U HAVE SO MUCH TALENT?!?!?!

10 Likes

Awe. Thank you all so very much. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::hugs::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::hugs::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Wasnt sure if what I was going for, actually came out in the drawing.

Yeah, so…. Not to get down or anything, but, when I was younger, i drew every day, and my dad always kept encouraging me.
Well as I got in my 20’s and started a family, and working myself to death, my dad would always ask if I had got back into art. And I’d always so “naw dad, just too busy”.
Then he passed away, and I’ve been missing him really bad. And now that I’m older, it dawned on me, the reason he was pushing me so hard to get back into it, was because he knew how much I loved it, and he saw that I was working too hard on my job. So in his own way, he was trying to get me to understand to take a breath and stop and smell the roses type thing.

Well, earlier this year, i sat down and started doodling again, and it made me feel close to him.
So this whole year of 2022, I’ve been obsessed with drawing, because it helps me remember him. :face_holding_back_tears:

So yeah, I’ve just been diving back into alot lately.

As far as learning …… i feel like i learn every single time i TRY to draw something. Whether it’s trying to get better at faces, skin tones, and hair layers, or just playing with lighting.
I honestly hate all of my drawings, always have. And you guys are the only ones that see them. (Nobody else cares).

Another thing that I’ve really been trying to work on, is not hiding in my comfort zone. And trying to force myself into trying the stuff that I have the hardest time drawing.

Back when my dad was alive, i mainly drew/painted (or attempted I should say), was always cartoon characters (like Wylie coyote), or doing Landscapes.
Because that was were my comfort zone always has been.

So I started trying to draw superheroes, because it is soooooooo far out of my league and comfort zone.

Sorry , long story, but in a cheesy way, I hope my dad would be proud of me for at least trying to push myself.

:face_holding_back_tears:

11 Likes

oh my gosh, @bigblock66 it looks so amazing! your art is always amazing, but this piece might be my favorite.
also, hey @bookwormfitzpatrick.91230 check it out

9 Likes

AHHHHH I LOVE IT I do agree with @Green.Lantern and @basicallytimdrake that this is my favorite of your drawings yet! (though I am biased)

Lookatim he’s having a lil victory party

10 Likes

Wow. This is great!

10 Likes

:face_holding_back_tears:

Awe. Thanks so much guys :hugs:

11 Likes

Look Awesome™:+1:. Definitely something booster would do.

9 Likes

:hugs: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

BOOSTERRRRR! Yes yes and YES!

This is also cracking me up so much, spot on :joy: :joy:

The fireworks, the microphone … my god, I love Booster. :rofl:

8 Likes

:hugs: awe. Thank u so much

8 Likes

Aw cool, we got another winner! Love this Art of Booster Gold is celebrating with fireworks! :smiley:

:00_booster_gold:

7 Likes

Awe. Thank u my friend :hugs:

6 Likes

I know exactly what you are talking about here. My Dad had always encouraged me to write. When he was sick, I was able to give him a copy of my first book, and just before he passed, I gave him a copy of my second one as well. I didn’t think he was going to live to see the first one, let alone the second.

I just published my third, and it made me think about him a lot.

Sure is getting emotional around here.

I am glad you have found your passion again, and from the responses here I am not the only one. :smiley:

7 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_

Awe, thank you so much my friend.
I had no idea you had written books… not sure if i missed it or what…
What are they about?

I’d love to read them

7 Likes

I am terrible at self-promotion so I only mentioned it quietly on the forum.

The one I just published is a collection of short pieces about all sorts of things.

If you click my name on that webpage, it will show you my other two books, which were about my running experiences.

The first book “A Clydesdale’s Tale” describes from the time I couldn’t run 1/2 mile until less than five years later when I finished my first 100 mile ultramarathon. The second book is about the year I ran 12 Ultras in 12 months (which is the title).

I have a pretty wacky writing style that is definitely not for everyone. I seem to get either five stars or one star. Luckily, you can “look inside” to see if it might be of interest.

There is a real joy in being able to create things. For me, it doesn’t matter if it sells. I am just glad I wrote them, and especially glad my Dad got to see two of them.

7 Likes