BigBlock - Black Adam - WIP

Ok my amazing DC Family, I wanted to try to draw Black Adam, since I am super excited for the upcoming movie.
Anyways, I’ve never tried to actually draw a real person’s likeness, but I really wanted to try to get as close to The Rock’s facial features as possible.
It’s very obvious the reason I have never tried to draw a real person before.
Ugh.
I also tried something a little different, art-wise, because I was trying to show the Ancient Time, contrasted to Present Time.
Anyways, I just wanted to share.
As usual, any comments or critiques are much appreciated.
Hope all of you are just as excited for the Black Adam movie as I am. :hugs:

7 Likes

The art you do just keeps getting more and more impressive! I really like the coloring in this one, and you definitely do a good job at capturing the Rock’s likeness.

7 Likes

woah that looks super cool. i love the pose he’s doing.

in my opinion, it looks like the rock. you did great, like always!

5 Likes

That’s great!

5 Likes

Awe. Thanks guys.
:hugs::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Very awesome™:+1:. Definitely captured Rock’s likeness. The background looks great.

6 Likes

Great stuff as usual, the only things I would do to improve is to give him a healthier looking skin tone and thicker/darker eyebrows.

5 Likes

You did a great job! I think you’ve improved a lot since you first started posting your art, although you’ve always been very good.

4 Likes

If you can smell what @bigblock66 is cookin, a great art work for millions to see. If he ask me what I think, he’ll probably say, “IT DOESN’T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK!!!”
So I’ll just bring it by saying you’re artwork is so awesome as always. :grinning:

*In case you’re not a wrestling fan, I was using some famous quote by The Rock when he was in wrestling.:slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Thanks guys. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Yeah i knew exactly what “smell what the rock is cooking” meant. That’s awesome. :sunglasses:

As far as the skin tone, I’ve had several people say the same thing.
It’s so weird cuz on my screen it looks like a very light tan flesh color.
But everyone keeps saying that the skin tone looks off or green , etc

Maybe i just need to make it extremely light colored on my end, to see if it evens out on y’all’s end?

I dont know.
:thinking::disappointed:

3 Likes