BigBlock - Aquaman - WIP

Soooo of course I’m bias and want the martian buuut… I think I want to see your Raven more :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

P.S. Aquaman is awesome and the sharks/whale/orca look so real it’s crazy

I’ve been in a bit of a rut with my art lately… just not inspired/motivated like I used to be :confused:. But seeing your art and the effort you put into it is something special that I hope fills me back up with inspiration. Please keep it up :heart:

11 Likes

Deadman or Raven would both look especially good in your style I think.

9 Likes

@bigblock66, can I share you something…
FB_IMG_1671513274682

First look at my Superman, 3 years ago he was the very first character I’ve ever made out of Minecraft, he really look terrible, but after making Abraham Lincoln, Mister Rogers and by the time I made Batman I’ve gotten a bit better. After a while I thought I hold off of making Wonder Woman. After making Patsy Cline out of Minecraft, I thought maybe I should give Wonder Woman a try, and I have gotten as better as I ever did, if you saw many of my Minecraft Artwork thread in Iceberg Lounge, you can see how much I enjoyed making them, the hardest one I ever made was King Shark. I though I did a terrible job, and you know what? Everyone liked it, they didn’t care how bad it look, they know I worked really hard and did my best.
When I got to show my Minecraft Artwork of Stargirl to Brec Basinger, she didn’t care if I had made a mistake on Stargirl’s shoe or the star look terrible, she was amazed how talented I was making Stargirl out of Minecraft.
Same with you, we love your Artwork, not many people are as talented as you are, and no matter how it look, we’re always going to be impress by your amazing talent. :slightly_smiling_face:
I’ll admit I have tweak and upgrade some of the Minecraft characters like Batman. As for Superman, I never touch it by upgrade, I keep it as a reminder of how It started all.:grinning:

8 Likes

okay someone clue me in please on what Big Block is, I am guessing something related to comic book creating, ipsofacto the stencil to ink pics, is that basically it in a nutshell ?

and what does WIP mean?

Tanks

9 Likes

I vote Deadman.

8 Likes

and as for art critiquing , it is good, now if you want to like break things down on things to consider for your next underwater, this image is I think fair to say 2 dimensional and mind you that is not a negative or positive, if you want depth, consider changing the sizes of the sea life, be it animals or plants, and if you want to create distance, things in the " distance " or background, when you want to show something far away become smaller in size , so duh, foreground, mid, and background. for those not familiar.

Now if you like 2 dimensional, if that is your jam, then jam away. maybe consider just for this, scale the sizes of each differently, for variation, add some swirls around the tail fins to give the impression of movement, and give Aquaman, more movement in the legs, like if wanted one leg straight, have the foot pointing down ward, and the other leg going into the background at a slight angle,

now please please please remember, critiquing art in this manner, is not negative ; I have been in plenty of college art classes, and the critiquing was always the worst part of the group sessions. Because as an artist, and at least for our assignments in class, we would literally spend days or weeks on a project, to then have our fellow classmates rip it to shreds with really at times unconstructive criticism; and it really became obvious to me fast, in that setting that students were competing with each other rather than trying to be constructive, it was, how can I make myself look better than you. An get the best grade.

Practice, do your own research, plenty of good youtube channels, you literally do not need to go to an art school to be an artist or even a comic book artist, what you need is practice, networking skills, and a fantastic portfolio. Enter into some art shows at local galleries, you can literally do anything with art, you can take your love of superheros, and put them into any artistic way you want, to fit what ever the competition or showing is, one could literally do all the Norman Rockwell pieces, and replace all the people in it with superheros. and it would be OMG GENIUS. I would copyright and trademark that idea right now, but I’ll let it go for free.

an this aint just for the O.P this is for any fledgling artist in the house.

take the positive and negative reviews with a grain of salt, unless it is all negative, or you draw like crap and the reviews are all positive.

In the end, the art work is your work, you have to learn how to judge your own art work, and learn when to correct things and when not.

For hired work, that becomes different, then you have to learn to take direction of what someone else wants. That right there, can be a pain in the rear when your creative freedom is now on strings.

Taco Tuesday

10 Likes

@Corpsmember.78 BigBlock is one of our beloved members of this community! He made the art in the OP.

As for WIP, that means Work In Progress

9 Likes

@Reaganfan78 youre Minecraft art is awesome. I love it! :hugs::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::hugs::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
And thank you for everything.

@Corpsmember.78
yeah, it’s just my name. BigBlock66. (It relates to an old 1966 car with a big block engine that I own). I suck at creativity :rofl:.
I usually just post that, the name of the character I tried to draw, and WIP. because I never feel like any of my stuff is finished.
Thank you for your criticism. I’m trying really hard to get better.

Thank you everyone for your kind words. :hugs:

10 Likes

Well, since there were more people wanting Raven, I’m going to attempt her next

6 Likes

Really good stuff, especially for your first time drawing an underwater scene! Great details on the sea creatures. :+1:

I can’t wait to see your take on Rae Rae next. She’s my fave TT. :hugs:

7 Likes

Thank you so much my friend​:hugs:

7 Likes