Beware The Gray Ghost

I know I am late to the party, but I am finally binging Batman: The Animated Series and just watched the Gray Ghost episode. This is now one of my favorite Batman stories ever. Adam West playing a version of himself was the kind of meta storytelling I love. The actor who played a superhero and does not get the recognition he deserves anymore. Then to see Bruce watch him as a kid, which reminded me of me when I used to watch those kinds of shows, then get to work with his hero was so cool to see. Then for Batman to give Simon Trent a feeling of belonging and a rebirth in a way hit me right in the feels. He even has the line where he says “ So it wasn’t all for nothing.” I adored this episode and now want a Gray Ghost poster. How does everyone else feel about this story?

9 Likes
5 Likes

I love the Gray Ghost Episode! It is also one of my favorites.

Love that part too! :batman_hv_6: :batman_hv_5:

3 Likes

That is a fantastic fan-film! Usually not the biggest fan of those, but that was great.

3 Likes

There’s a figure that comes with a poster in the store. If you save up your rewards tokens, you can get it discounted, too (and it’s not that pricey to begin with).

3 Likes

I saw that! It looks great and I may have to get it now.

3 Likes

In a series packed full of excellent episodes like Batman: TAS had, this story still stands out as one of the all-time greats. A fantastic episode, from start to finish.

3 Likes

This was one of my favorite episodes when I was a kid. I loved the novelty of having the TV Batman do a new voice. Plus, it was a good story. I got older and realized part of it was how an actor can be typecast in a role and how that can affect their future career. Adam West gives such an amazing performance. And when I got a little older and started really getting into pulps and pulp-like characters, Beware The Gray Ghost worked on a whole new level. It’s like the older I get, the more I discover about it. It’s the episode that keeps on giving.

4 Likes

And I believe it was after that episode that Adam West voices the mayor in several episodes as well.

4 Likes

He play the Mayor on The Batman series.:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

BTAS is great! I’m sure will find many episodes that touch your heart.

3 Likes

Correct. My bad.