Beware! June 18th Approaches! This Is Important!

Every year on June 17th Wonder Woman should fly to Hawaii. Then, at 1am on June 18th in Hawai’i, she should get into her invisible jet which, according to lore, can travel at 2,000 miles per hour and be piloted by a mortal and fly to Kiribati. The trip will take her one hour and when she lands it’ll be 12:00am on June 19th in Kiribati and her powers will be restored!

12 Likes

They’re pretty heavy handed with their “courtship” …

I want this story in modern continuity to be a thing.

8 Likes

:joy: @DickGrayson_TheBoyFriendWonder @biff_pow :purple_heart: :00_wonder_woman_gold:

9 Likes

Wow…might be something to this. My car broke down, out of the blue, today. Completely caught off guard. Crazy!

5 Likes

Is it safe? I mean, it’s gotta be safe, right? Kinda got stuff to do…

6 Likes

Whew. We’re safe. Powers are back. She is fighting crime and injustice in Man’s world yet again.

Crisis averted…for this year.

Um, I just realized this was actually Earth-2 all along. Whoops! Sorry about that. Didn’t mean to scare everyone. I’m still reading 70’s stuff and haven’t hit Infinite Crisis yet so I was a bit confused. I’ll try and keep my multiverse straight next time.

9 Likes

How does her body know to adjust for leap year?

6 Likes

Same way it knows what time zone she’s in.

5 Likes

Oh no, it’s June 18th again!

10 Likes

I honestly lost count how often this conciet was rolled out in Kanighers run over and over as an annual ‘saves me having to come up with a story’ plot. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Did she have her powers on June 18th during the late 60s when she didn’t have powers?

5 Likes

It’s going to be alright, everybody! I mean, what are the odds that someone like Ares strikes today?

A strange glow flickers across Moth’s eyes.

Hmmm… you know what would really hit the spot right about now? A little war…

6 Likes

Late 60s was O’Neil and Sekowskys run, so they didn’t really use the ‘come up with a series of stock storylines to use every year’ strategy that Kanigher did. Though Kanigher was on Wonder Woman for close to twenty years so he was kinda struggling to come up with stories he hadn’t already done by that point.

Weirdly after Wonder Woman lost her powers it DID start happen to Wonder Girl in Teen Titans during the mod era?

Gosh that story where Diana fought Ares without having her powers was kickass…

5 Likes

She loses her powers one day a year? Why? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: (And why such an arbitrary date? :rofl:)

4 Likes

Two excellent questions we will never have the answer to!

4 Likes

:rofl:

Well as long as we’re all equally confused about it, I guess I feel better. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Because for some baffling reason Kanigher established that all the Amazons super strength and powers comes from the purple ray and it breaks down once a year and takes exactly 24 hours of maintenance before its working again.
Not that this matches at all with any of the silver age origins Kanigher gave for Wonder Woman (Though the teen Titans writer of the time would use it to explain Donna Troys powers at the time?) but thats just how the silver age was.

Oh and this was ALL Amazons losing their powers so sometimes it would also be a story about alien invaders trying to conquer the island while the powers out.

no idea about the date though

5 Likes

The day is almost upon us again this year.

Stay strong. We can make it through this together! :00_wonder_woman_stars:

5 Likes

Did anything bad happen?

3 Likes