Best Women of DC?

There are a lot of great female DC characters. Who are your top 5 favorites?

Mine would be:

Batgirl/Barbara Gordon
Donna Troy
Black Canary
Granny Goodness
Poison Ivy

1 Like

-Lois Lane
-Diana Prince
-Barbara Gordon/Selina Kyle (tie)
-Karen Starr
-Amanda Waller

1 Like

Honorable Mention for Vixen.

Zatanna
Raven
Supergirl
Livewire
Stephanie Brown

1 Like

Right now my list is:

1. Lady Shiva
  2. Lois Lane
  3. Oracle
  4. Cassandra Cain
  5. Amanda Waller
1 Like
  1. Catwoman
  2. Mera
  3. Poison Ivy
    4.Black Canary
    5.Huntress
1 Like

Zatanna
Barbara Gordon
Stephanie Brown
Kate Kane
Pamela Isley

1 Like
  1. Diana
  2. Lois Lane
  3. Barbara Gordon
  4. Harley Quinn
  5. Talia Al Ghul
2 Likes
  1. Batwoman
  2. Huntress
  3. Barbara Gordon
  4. Black Canary
  5. Catwoman

Batgirl
Batwoman
Supergirl
Wonder Woman
Livewire

2 Likes

1 Harley Quinn 2 starfire 3 raven 4 Wonder Woman 5 poison ivy

1. Harley Quinn (Batman: TAS). A really fun character, but with some depth.
  2. Stephanie Brown. Didn’t always like her, but I eventually saw what she contributed. A lot of her development was yadda-yadda’d thanks to that clumsy reboot.
  3. Artemis Crock (Young Justice). Complicated, trying to do the right thing, but not one to take guff from anyone.
  4. Raven (Teen Titans animated). Stoic, a cutting dry wit, and a really good arc throughout the series.
  5. Cassandra Cain, anything non-Orphan related. She had a great character journey, though with a few editorial missteps.
1 Like

In no particular order: Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Harley Quinn, Raven, Hawkgirl

1 Like

Lois, Wonder Woman, Hawkgirl, Raven, Starfire

1 Like

Great question, @PhoenixTTV!

Personally, I think my list would have to be:

1. Harley Quinn - Especially in the comics, where she’s evolved to create an identity for herself outside of the Joker and move past that destructive relationship. Regardless of the harm she’s caused, I find it very compelling and even heroic of her to allow herself to grow beyond him.
  2. M’Gann - The Young Justice version, particularly, I find to be well-rounded and intriguing. She is bubbly and likable but also sometimes a very morally grey character. The dichotomy between how sweet she is to her friends and how cold she can be to enemies makes her very layered.
  3. Hawkgirl - The Justice League animated series version. Another morally ambiguous character, it was so satisfying to watch her fall from grace and then steady climb back to being a respected member of the team. I like that there were no easy choices when it came to her loyalties and the writers didn’t play it as a black-and-white issue. No matter what she did, people would suffer.
  4. Oracle - What can I say? Barbara could have stopp ed after she was brutally injured and no one could blame her for it. She lost a part of her identity but didn’t let that stop her. Instead, she created an entirely new identity for herself.
  5. Raven - Complex, sarcastic, witty, and clever. I always have a weak spot for characters who aren’t always the easiest to get along with, even if they mean well. Raven fits this to a T. She’s also another character who had to stubbornly create an identity for herself, beyond the legacy of her father.

I love all of these ladies so much!

1 Like

That is a tough one as DC has some of the best female comic book characters out there. (although credit to Marvel for giving us She-Hulk but she is the only one IMHO who comes close to holding her own against some of DC’s female characters).

My top five though

Supergil
Power Girl
Stargirl
Harley Quinn
Black Canary

Not in order… to hard to decide… gave up.

1 Like

I loved Harley Quinn when she was hopelessly under the Joker’s spell. That insanity was what made her so real and love-able. Whatever she is now is just DC pandering to the women’s movement to sell t shirts.

1 Like

Right now:
Supergirl
Batgirl (Except for current comic version)
Livewire
Starfire (The speech impaired happy version)
Wonder Woman (DCSHG versions)