Best superhero costume change

My vote is for Lynda’s spin change. It just looks great. The fireball was my favorite part. I also think it was the most copied, as Clark started spinning on Lois & Clark and Black Scorpion clicked her ring and a burst of light saw her in costume. I also love the lasso down her body that was in the comic books…

5 Likes

Clark’s changes in the Reeve quadrilogy were pretty rad. As a kid, I really liked the one from Superman III in the corn field.

2 Likes

She-Ra!

2 Likes

My favorite Superman change was the first film, phone booth didn’t work so he used the revolving door. He-Man and She-Ra were both good, but again, change in a flash of light. Watched both series religiously, but have yet to try the new She-Ra…

2 Likes

If non-comic book based fare is on the table, the knights acquiring their armor in King Arthur and the Knights of Justice was always pretty rad.

Knights may in fact be the original superheroes.

1 Like

Never saw that one, Vroom

1 Like

Oh, it has to be Batman Forever. Very elegantly done.

No, but seriously my vote goes for Wonder Woman as well, in her recent standalone movie. I felt it captured the tone of the moment so perfectly. Everything around her in pure chaos, everyone is feeling hopeless and beaten down, and she’s being told she has to leave. You know she won’t stand for it.

I love that you don’t see her change, but when her cloak falls away and it’s just her shield in full focus.

It’s a magical moment.

6 Likes

After Superman, I’d vote for Batman Forever. The initial suiting up that opens the movie is cool as is when Bruce makes his way to the Batcave from Wayne Enterprises (there’s no transformation involved there, but it’s still a really cool scene).

Bruce adorning the batsuit and Alfred’s fearful reaction to it in Mask of The Phantasm was great.

@movieaddict King Arthur and the KOJ was an early 90’s cartoon that Marvel’s Avi Arad was involved with. I’m partial to it because of my love of Arthurian lore.

Show opening:
https://youtu.be/xY0U2pSRYeg

Transformation sequence:
https://youtu.be/czbro4p2VBs

2 Likes

Putting the underwear back under the pants.

1 Like

Looks good, Vroom, but I see a resemblance to He-Man in it.

1 Like

Adam West Batman maybe. It’s simple but ridiculous at the same time.

Or Shazam’s in Return of Black Adam when he’s flying over the water and says “and I had to do was say Shazam” then transforms back to Billy and falls into the water. Guess that’s a detransformation.

2 Likes

I do like the Shazam transformation, and even The Flash ring is pretty awesome. I just always have to go to Wonder Woman for my favorite. Even The Hulk on the TV series had a great transformation…

3 Likes

@movieaddict Funny you say that as Mattel, the owner of Masters of The Universe, produced toys for King Arthur and TKOJ. Small world.

I’m glad the Adam West Batman was mentioned. I loved when he and Dick would run towards the Batpoles and after Bruce hit the costume change lever they would enter the cave in their superhero guises. Fun stuff.

When I was in elementary school and we’d go on field trips to firehouses, I always pretended I was Batman or Robin when my turn to go down the firepole came.

3 Likes

For comedic purposes, the Batpole is great, but Wonder Woman’s is more practical and real. I also liked how the Who Is Diana Prince story made her vulnerable until she turned to Wonder Woman, Circe’s gift to Diana…

1 Like

Flash and a giant full size suit in such a small ring

1 Like

Hawk and dove have some dope costume changes

1 Like

How about Fire and Ice and their poolside changes in the JLU finale?

1 Like

I’ll have to go back and watch it again n Vroom. I don’t remember it…

1 Like

A fairly recent one so light spoiler for Shazam! But it was in the trailer. Billy gets a running start and leaps off with his chest puffed out as he speaks the words. The lightning strikes him and in that instant he is transformed he immediately shoots off like a bullet. Not only is it a cool costume change, it’s the moment in the movie he becomes a full-fledged hero by acting selfless without hesitation.

1 Like

Also; Superman the animated series, when Clark nonchalantly steps into a broken elevator shaft and drops like a rock. The only thing seen is a blue and red blur as he exits the shaft and passes through the revolving doors.

1 Like